- Senior Manager, Software Engineering, DevOps and Infrastructure- Capital One Shopping (Remote-eligible) - New York City, NY
- Senior Manager, Software Engineering, Full Stack - Capital One Shopping (Remote-eligible) - New York City, NY
- Senior Manager, Mobile Software Engineering - Capital One Shopping (Remote) - New York City, NY
- Senior Manager, Data Engineering - Capital One Shopping (Remote- Eligible) - New York City, NY
- VP-In-House Attorney-Capital Markets,Corporate/Investment Banking,TDS - New York City, NY
Capital One is a nationally recognized and high-tech business banking company, offering better customized consumer and commercial lending and deposit financial services.
NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
Director, Operational Risk Officer – Commercial
At Capital One, we dare to dream, disrupt and deliver a better way. Our goal is simple – bring ingenuity, simplicity and humanity to an industry ripe for change. Our associates are the heart of Capital One and our commitment to diversity, inclusion and belonging (DIB) are valued at our core. We empower our associates to do great work by creating an inclusive culture that values diverse perspectives, fosters collaboration, and encourages innovative ideas. A workplace where everyone feels safe, seen, heard, valued and able to bring their best, most authentic selves to work.
As part of the Operational & Model Risk Management (OMRM) organization, you’ll work with talented associates to provide second line oversight and effective challenge to ensure that Capital One effectively manages operational risk. You’ll also bring your unique perspective and experiences to help us be rigorous, curious and creative.
Operational Risk Officers (OROs) are a team of experienced risk managers that serve as the liaisons between ORM and Capital One. As the Commercial ORO, you will apply your leadership and analytical skills to help advance Capital One’s capabilities to effectively manage operational risk as we roll out our Digital and Growth agendas. Serving as both an effective challenger and a trusted advisor for Executive leaders within the Commercial Banking business lines, you will be integrated into multiple dimensions of first line activities and risk-taking to help the enterprise properly manage operational risk. In addition, you will be leading the teams that provide effective challenge and risk advisory services for Commercial Banking.
This role also has accountability for driving ORO engagement across the Enterprise on Division and Enterprise level programs.
- Provide risk management consultation to Commercial and its Executives on conducting risk assessments, developing mitigation plans, managing operational losses, new business initiatives, and other risk management and control activities
- Provide senior management with effective and grounded challenge to risk taking, ensuring management is making informed and appropriate risk decisions
- Influence senior management to drive realization and mitigation of new and emerging operational risks
- Act as primary lead for our methodologies for engaging with large programs in the business lines
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 3 years of Risk related experience
- At least 7 years of experience with financial services industry
- At least 3 years of experience structuring information for senior audiences
- Masters Degree in Business Management, Accounting, or Economics,
- Operational familiarity with Commercial lending and Treasury products
- At least 7 years of experience as a Risk Manager or Assurance within the financial services or tech industry
- Proficiency with data analytics tools including (but not limited to) Excel and Tableau
- Proficiency with structuring slides and presentations in order to convey risk information
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).