Mattel creates innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain, and develop children through play.
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
Mattel, Inc. is seeking a 3rd shift Security Officer for the El Segundo location. The Security Officer will provide a safe and secure workplace for employees, vendors and visitors while protecting the company assets.
The Security Officer will provide a safe and secure workplace for employees, vendors and visitors while protecting the company assets. Note that this is a FULL-TIME position.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Protect property against fire, theft and damage.
- Basic computer knowledge – (Word and Excel)
- Detailed incident report writing.
- Good Verbal and written communication skills.
- Enforce security regulations and restrictions relative to company operations
- Respond to all emergencies and take appropriate action until emergency services arrives.
- Perform hourly rounds of the facility
- Access control of all Mattel buildings
Manage and report security/safety incidents to management to ensure proper documentation and follow-up.
What We’re Looking For:
- One or more years’ experience working as a Security Officer in a corporate, law enforcement or military environment.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPR certification desired
- Guard Card desired
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business policies, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, clients, customers and the general public.
- Solid basic math skills.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.