wellsfargo Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo is a diversified community-based financial services company with a vision to satisfy customer’s financial needs and help them succeed financially.
At Wells Fargo, we are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We are seeking candidates who embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion in a workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Lead Market Risk Officer role on the Wealth and Investment Management (WIM) independent risk management team within Corporate Risk. Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. The team focuses on several key risk types, including conduct, credit, financial crimes, information security, interest rate, liquidity, market, model, operational, regulatory compliance, reputation, strategic, and technology risk. The group provides leadership, enhances communications, assists with problem identification and solutions, and shares best practices. In addition, the group provides an enterprise-wide view of risk, assists management and our Board of Directors in identifying and monitoring risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and takes appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
More specifically this role will focus on the market risk oversight for WIM, including but not limited to risk identification, measurement, reporting, and limit setting and monitoring. In addition to oversight responsibilities this role will maintain and where appropriate enhance all related internal and regulatory governance routines including but not limited to daily risk oversight, CCAR stress testing, Volcker, FRTB, and Resolution Planning (RRP) for the respective coverage area. This role will focus on one or a combination of the market risk oversight of the Wells Fargo Advisor’s Capital Markets Trading Desk or the Deferred Compensation hedging portfolio.
In this role, you will:
- Identify, measure, report, control, and when needed escalate relevant market risks
- Produce and monitor periodic risk reports efficiently and effectively
- Perform in-depth risk change analysis, with a focus on VaR and scenario analysis
- Collaborate with various business line and independent risk management stakeholders
- Understand and where necessary enhance the modeling of fixed income and derivative portfolios, partnering with other risk analytics teams as needed
- Communicate effectively across a variety of stakeholders and seniorities
- Analyze complex situations and processes to ensure risks are properly identified and consistent with policy and best practices
- Present analytical findings to management in a clear and concise manner
- Act as a senior technical resource and provides direction/coaching to team members
Required Qualifications, US:
- 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: trading, desk analyst, Capital Markets, market risk, interest rate risk or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Knowledge of capital market and derivatives products
- Solid understanding of Value-at-Risk (VaR) and other market risk measures and methods (sensitivities, stress simulations, etc.)
- Expertise in fixed income and derivative securities
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to articulate a complex problem, design, or build strategy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience developing partnerships and collaborating with other business and functional areas
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
- Exhibit strong aptitude in SQL, Python, or VBA and/or other computer programming languages
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- A Master’s degree or higher
- 401 S Tryon Street – Charlotte, NC
- 114 N. Beaumont St – St Louis, MO
Preferred location(s) listed above. Other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint may be considered for current Wells Fargo employees.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.