Visa’s vision is to be the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere.
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa is looking for a Crypto Compliance Officer to serve as a go-to Ethics & Compliance expert for Visa’s digital currency-related products and services offerings. This role will collaborate with a broad array of cross-functional teams and stakeholders that assist, manage, and grow Visa’s digital currency business. Responsibilities include being the digital currency subject matter expert for Global Ethics & Compliance and to provide the requisite advisory support for transaction monitoring, due diligence, and onboarding digital currency related clients. The right candidate will have the drive and curiosity to keep up to date with emerging digital currency related news and strong communication skills to provide guidance to the Compliance Centers of Excellence.
This role is an individual contributor responsible for applying skills and knowledge to perform specified support functions.
· Must have a strong understanding of digital currency regulatory landscape and emerging risks related to digital currency transactions
· Provide expertise and guidance on digital currency-related matters to Compliance Center of Excellence teams, Regional Compliance Leaders and Regional Compliance Officers re digital currency-related New Business Initiative Assessment (NBIA), Program Information Form (PIF) reviews, client onboarding and client/transaction monitoring and testing
· Interact with client-facing teams working with fintech clients or digital currency
· Serve as Ethics & Compliance subject matter expert for Visa digital currency-related products and services offerings
· Lead core documentation on compliance efforts, and ensure proper record-keeping
· Communicate findings, determinations and recommendations to senior leadership and key stakeholders in a clear and timely manner
· 8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
· 9 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 or more years of experience with a PhD
· 2-3 years of experience on BSA/AML compliance experience, with experience supporting onboarding, diligence, and monitoring of digital currency related clients and suspicious activity reporting involving digital currency related transactions
· Familiarity with digital currency operations and consumer technology
· Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
· Comfortable working in an ambiguous, fast –paced environment
· Results-oriented, self-starter and problem-solver; able to work independently, but also a strong team player, dependable and organized
· Experience managing projects interfacing with technical and non-technical teams
· Exceptional attention to detail, quality, and process improvements
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.