MUFG Union Bank, N.A., is part of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the fifth largest financial group in the world.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
This is a hybrid position. There are flexible work from home options available. A member of our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in more detail.
Reporting into the Head of Regulatory Affairs, this position will be responsible for serving as the primary liaison for ongoing supervisory and examination for the U.S. licensed banking operations of MUFG Americas. This includes the execution of the end-to-end regulatory exam management, coordination of scheduled meetings with bank management and executives, along with evaluating management responses and remediation plans to ensure they appropriately address regulatory concerns.
- Coordinating interactions with regulators, including but not limited to:
- Assisting in providing oversight for supervisory examinations and serving as central point of contact for regulatory examiners.
- Coordinating and managing events related to examinations and continuous monitoring, including working with business units and functional units to monitor requests for information and provide timely responses.
- Coordinating and attending regulatory meetings with business/functional unit representatives. Draft notes and key takeaways for all regulatory meetings.
- Coordinating the collection, tracking, and submission of responses to first day letter examination requests, as well as subsequent regulatory requests.
- Reviewing materials requested by examiners to ensure completeness and addresses the regulator’s request prior to submission.
- Providing ongoing updates to management on the status of examinations, including timely escalation of potential issues.
- Developing relationships with regulators through strong communication skills (orally and in writing).
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, legal, or related fields.
- Seven plus years of financial industry experience, with four to five years of experience in regulatory examinations/remediation or banking supervisory activities.
- Experience with or previous exposure to banking regulators.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work collaboratively and with all staff levels across the organization, including Bank staff, management, and regulators.
- Detail-oriented and organized execution.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Proficiency in the preparation of executive-level presentation materials (PowerPoint) required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.