- Fund Accounting & Administration, Associate 2 - Kansas City, MO
- Fund Accounting & Administration, Senior Associate - Kansas City, MO
- Senior Associate - Kansas City, MO
- Operations Client Service, Associate 2 - Remote - Kansas City, MO
- Operations Client Service, Officer - Kansas City, MO
State Street is a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors around the world.
Who we are looking for
Candidate must have a good accounting knowledge of international mutual funds. We are looking for someone that can interact at various levels of management internally and externally where they are able to communicate answers back to their questions. We are looking for someone that can manage the day to day operations of a team of 5-8 staff members. We are looking for a candidate that is organized and multitask and be able to think independently.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Client Service Operations Manager, Officer you will
- Responsible for the day to day management of a functional team(s) within Client Operations
- Responsible for performing assigned, complex daily operations and processes.
- Act as primary contact and escalation point for operational issues
- Receive and resolve inquiries from client, Client Management, COEs, BU Shared Services and BU Client Service and ensure timely resolution.
- Manage and escalate issues related to BU SS and CoEs
- Review and leads onboarding, conversion and client change activities; ensure successful implementation and manage expectations
- Maintain and monitor open items, issues, logs, project lists
- Manage daily service delivery through Client Operations Staff
- Identify and implement consistent operational best practices.
- Oversee technology enhancements and testing, provide overall project management for all client related activities
- Train, develop and motivate new staff. Complete performance appraisals.
- Provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.
- Serve on committees. Help define and implement new company initiatives.
- Manage internal risk and compliance profiles, assist with fiduciary reviews and respond to inquiries from client auditors as needed.
- During the course of normal day to day operation, be responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and must report and/or escalate in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize assignments under tight deadlines.
- Solid understanding of operational functions within fund accounting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in both verbal and written forms.
- Ability to provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Equivalent to Bachelor’s degree with business related coursework. B.S. in business related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in custody, fund accounting, derivatives, corporate actions and/or pricing, part of which must have been in a management or supervisory capacity.
- Knowledge of financial securities markets, language and products as well as legal and regulatory requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications, and spreadsheet proficiency.
- Ability to develop business relationships within and outside of organization.
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills.
- Hours 8-5pm, follows International Holiday schedule
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.