Deutsche Bank is a tech-driven provider of financial services, offering corporate, investment, private, retail, and asset management products on a global scale.
Job Title: Sanctions Compliance Officer, Investigations Associate
Corporate Title: Associate
Location: Jacksonville, FL
The Sanctions & Embargoes program is aimed to ensure that Deutsche Bank Group and its staff fully comply with all applicable sanctions and embargoes. For this purpose, Deutsche Bank established a global organization with dedicated rights and responsibilities. Deutsche Bank’s Sanctions & Embargoes Program has been implemented globally and throughout all business divisions via the Embargo Policy – Deutsche Bank Group and the Special Risk Country Policy Deutsche Bank Group.
The Sanctions Compliance Officer primarily investigates and reviews payment messages which entail potential sanction, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), or policy concerns. The investigations officer will assist in maintaining compliance with OFAC and EU sanctions regulations and internal Deutsche Bank policies.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank’s specialized employee groups
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Support protecting Deutsche Bank from legal, regulatory, and reputational risk regarding business involving sanctioned entities and / or countries
- Diligently investigate payment messages escalated from Regulatory Filtering Operations to US Sanctions Compliance for potential sanctions, AML, or policy violations
- Accurately apply OFAC and EU regulations and Deutsche Bank policy to payment messages and coordinate significant issues requiring further escalation within Deutsche Bank Anti-Financial Crimes (AFC) and across business and operations
- Monitor the regulatory situation in the region and assist in ensuring significant events impacting Deutsche Bank are addressed as need be
- Interface with client service officers on transaction-related requests and decide on these in full compliance with all applicable sanctions regulations as well as the Deutsche Bank’s policies and procedures
- Identify and escalate issues which are not addressed by current policies or standards, draft and implement possible solutions. Maintain and manage internal watch lists, and coordinate with Regulatory Filtering Operations in the timely and accurate implementation of all watch lists. Assist in timely maintenance of records in accurate and auditable format
Your Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS required. JD/Masters preferred. Experience in AML or sanctions compliance and operations in a global financial institution highly desirable
- Proficiency Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work across geographic & cultural boundaries to achieve organizational goals & objectives. Ability to prioritize requirements to achieve regulatory or audit requirements
- Flexibility to work extended hours to meet deadlines, when necessary. Ability to act decisively and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent writing and communication skills. Strong drafting, analytical and communication skills
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.