State Street is a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors around the world.
Who we are looking for
The SSGA AML/KYC Officer is the AML/KYC contact for the business and is expected to be fully conversant in all operational processes, policies and procedures relating to AML and KYC. The SSGA AML officer will work as part of a team that has ongoing responsibility for the First Line of Defense for the SSGA Japan AML and KYC programs.
As the SSGA AML/KYC Officer for Japan, primarily you are accountable for ensuring timely KYC (Customer Identification Program/Customer Due Diligence/Enhanced Due Diligence) for new client as well as on-going KYC reviews. In addition, this role will assist to prepare client reporting based on the instruction from the management.
You will report directly to the Head of Investment Operations Japan.
You will interact with various key stakeholders including Client facing teams, Japan Money Laundering Reporting Officer (“MLRO”) as well as APAC equivalents, Business Unit AML Officer (“BU AMLO”), Compliance Risk Monitoring Team, Shared Services AML Centre of Excellence (“CoE”), Business Unit AML CoE (“BU AML CoE”) and Boston Head Office AML team to ensure coordination and timely completion of KYC and periodic review processes.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the largest asset managers in the world. We partner with many of the world’s largest, most sophisticated investors and financial intermediaries to help them reach their goals through a rigorous, research-driven investment process. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As AML/KYC Officer, you will
- Ensure the SSGA businesses in Japan is compliant with the State Street Global AML and Sanctions Policies, AML and Sanctions Business Unit Standard Operating Procedures (“BU SOP”) and the Global KYC matrix requirements.
- Oversee that the KYC is timely completed for all SSGA Japan entities both before onboarding and at periodic reviews and event driven reviews by BU AML CoE supporting team.
- Provide oversight of outsourced activities, ensuring services are delivered according to SLAs and act as the business escalation point for issues.
- Perform transaction monitoring and detect any unusual or red flag activities.
- Act as an escalation point for Politically Exposed Persons (“PEP”), AML, Negative News and Sanctions screening hits and ensure timely feedback for request for information (“RFIs”) raised by centralized screening teams.
- Ensure Unusual Activity Reports are completed and work with Financial Intelligence Unit (“FIU”, a unit conducts collate and escalate cases of concern that may become subject to external reporting to the Regulators, etc.) on Suspicious Activity Reports as required to ensure timely reporting of Unusual Activity Referrals (“UARs”) as per BU SOP.
- Review and update the Standard Operations Procedures of the Business Unit on an annual basis, and as required based on the Global AML toolkit releases
- Provide any BU AML / KYC metrics required for reporting (BU Legal Entity metrics, AML Operating Committee (“AMLOC”) metrics, Periodic reviews forecast, etc.)
- Review and understanding of new business products/opportunities and the inherent risks involved.
- Act as an escalation point for any business KYC/AML queries.
- Build strong partnership with our key stakeholders including BU AMLO, MLROs, client facing teams, key business partners.
- Participate as required to regional committee (APAC AMLOC) and ongoing Global AML working groups and Global trainings.
- Coordinate request from Compliance and Audit and provide required information on a timely manner.
- Support Client Reporting
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Broad based experience focused on risk management, or audit experience preferred
- Team player and self-motivated professional with the ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities while maintaining attention to detail
- Strong communications and organizational skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 5+ years financial services experience including KYC/AML experience
- University degree required
- Strong English language skills, both written and verbal
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street Global Advisors
What We Do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors