MUFG Union Bank, N.A., is part of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the fifth largest financial group in the world.
Do you want your voice heard and your actions to count?
Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world. Across the globe, we’re 180,000 colleagues, striving to make a difference for every client, organization, and community we serve. We stand for our values, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
With a vision to be the world’s most trusted financial group, it’s part of our culture to put people first, listen to new and diverse ideas and collaborate toward greater innovation, speed and agility. This means investing in talent, technologies, and tools that empower you to own your career.
Join MUFG, where being inspired is expected and making a meaningful impact is rewarded.
This is a hybrid position. There are flexible work from home options available. A member of our recruitment team will discuss the options with you in more detail.
MUFG is seeking a Vice President and Senior Compliance Manager in the Americas Data Privacy and Protection Office (DPPO). The Senior Compliance Manager plays a key role in the data privacy and protection compliance team for MUFG Americas, including the US, Canada, and Latin America. The position reports to the Global Chief Privacy Officer and helps develop and implement MUFG’s data privacy and protection program.
Responsibilities and duties:
Support the Americas DPPO team and ongoing data privacy and protection compliance activities by:
• Leading DPPO program governance, issues management, and compliance monitoring.
• Working with Compliance stakeholders to develop and implement Privacy risk assessment and testing programs.
• Managing special DPPO projects and initiatives, such as compliance programs for new laws and regulations
• Participating in the development, implementation and maintenance of policies, standards, and procedures.
• Assisting with Privacy Impact Assessments, data subject access response, and the review of new products, services, and technology initiatives.
• Developing and reviewing privacy training program content.
• Interacting with Legal and Compliance stakeholders, and other liaisons.
• Bachelor’s degree required; CIPP certification preferred.
• 5+ years’ experience supporting a data privacy program. Experience working in financial services preferred.
• Strong writing, presentation, and project management skills, including the ability to prepare clear and concise summaries and reports.
• Knowledge of U.S, Canada, Latin America privacy and data protection laws and regulations.
• High attention to detail and extremely organized to effectively manage multiple concurrent priorities.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, and to adapt to unexpected changes in priorities.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing to stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
• Strong sense of ownership to drive tasks to completion and to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experience of our workforce to create opportunities for our colleagues and our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, gender identity, sex, age, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran and military status, disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status of an individual or that individual’s associates or relatives that is protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
Some MUFG roles require that individuals be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to exemptions for medical or religious reasons, as well as any other reason required by applicable law or order. Should you be selected for an interview, your recruiter will provide additional information.