State Street is a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors around the world.
State Street Associates, LLC (SSA) is a unique partnership of industry and academia dedicated to delivering preeminent research in investor behavior, global asset allocation, risk management, and foreign exchange to investment managers and asset owners. State Street Associates’ staff work in a collegiate environment just off Harvard Square, Cambridge, designed to foster creative and groundbreaking thought.Our work is extensively peer reviewed and published in academic and practitioner journals.Our business objectives are to promote State Street’s brand as the leading provider of knowledge resources, decision support and advisory services to global investors and provide valuable, proprietary research to clients in support of our sell-side business, State Street Global Markets.Research direction is provided by leading academics from Harvard and MIT.
The Investor Behavior Research Team produces cutting edge research in multi-asset classes including Equity, Fixed Income, FX and Private Equity. We are looking for a Quantitative Analyst (Officer) who will play a key role in research, product development and client service.The individual will be involved in a variety of tasks, including research and development of information products, investable strategies, advisory engagements, and collateral written materials for clients.
SSA is looking for a quantitative analyst to join the Investor Behavior Research Team.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Quantitative Analyst, Officer you will
- Develop new information products such as investor behavior indicators, portfolio risk indicators and private capital benchmarks.
- Maintain and improve the existing suite of information products.
- Play a key role in development and production of the State Street Private Equity Index including researching the constituent funds, managing the quarterly calculation of the index, upgrade the computation engine of the index, and improving the functionality of the PE web portal.
- Engage in client advisory projects such as building private equity custom benchmarks.
- Prepare collateral materials for product releases, conferences and client deliverables.
- Work closely with researchers, IT team, Data Rights teams, Risk management team in product development and implementation.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ability to explain complex concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines while maintaining strict attention to detail.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required (graduate degree preferred) in a quantitative field such as finance, economics, mathematics, physics, engineering or similar fields. Quantitative research experiences in those fields are desirable. Participation in CFA program is preferred.
- 1-3 year experience in buy-side or sell-side research is desirable. Experience with alternative investments, such as private equity, private debt, hedge fund, real estate and infrastructure investment, are preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of financial and statistical concepts including modern portfolio theory and asset pricing theory.
- Strong computer programming skill is essential, preferably with experience in MATLAB, Python and PL/SQL. Experience working with large datasets is preferred.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.