BlackRock is a global investment firm, trusted to manage more assets than any other.
About this role
About BlackRock China Fund Management Company (FMC):
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being and the firm has a long history of investing in and serving investors in China. BlackRock aspires to become the leading global asset management firm operating in China and is committed to contributing to the long-term development of the local asset management industry. BlackRock China Fund Management Company, a Shanghai-based wholly-owned subsidiary of BlackRock, aims to extend its asset and risk management expertise and offer Chinese investors innovative and diversified mutual fund products and investment solutions to help transform more cash savers into long-term investors.
BlackRock is hiring a Chief Technology Officer for the FMC. As the Senior Management Personnel (SMP) in FMC, this role will be responsible for the design and implementation of the FMC technology platform strategy, providing oversight for the technology footprint, and ensuring connectivity between regional and local stakeholders and partners.
The successful candidate will be an innovative, well-respected technologist with a deep understanding of domestic technology and mutual fund markets, experience working in a local and global context, and superb technical and leadership skills. This individual will play a key role in driving the development of the FMC technology platform and will be responsible for engaging with regional and local leadership to support the entity’s business growth.
- Set and oversee the implementation of the FMC technology platform strategy, covering investment systems, corporate tools and infrastructure
- Provide oversight for the entity-level technology platform and ensure it respects BlackRock’s global operating policies and principles – bringing the best of BlackRock to China
- Ensure both global and domestic best practices are shared across the FMC platform
- Be entirely familiar with the ‘end-to-end’ technology platform, for example, life cycle of a trade, so that urgent issues can be escalated and resolved efficiently
- Represent the FMC’s technology needs to regional leadership
- Maintain and enhance the information security infrastructure of the FMC to ensure BlackRock’s assets and intellectual property are protected
- Drive a strong culture throughout the region by bringing principles of inclusion and diversity to the team and setting the tone through specific recruiting, management actions and employee engagement
Skills and Qualifications:
- CSRC qualification as FMC CTO and SMP, familiar with FMC industry and mainstream technical solutions and platforms;
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business or related field required and be a recognized expert (or equivalent experience)
- 15+ years of relevant industry practice with a preference for enterprise-level IT platform strategic planning and implementation management experience
- Demonstrated track record of analyzing cost, performance, and business implications of interconnected system and architecture decisions
- Experience building and leading software development teams and processes
- Superb communication skills – spoken and written (English & Mandarin) – and able to clearly articulate ideas to internal and external audiences across levels of seniority
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of an organization and build strong relationships with team members, managers, and senior executives in multiple locations
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.