Banner Staffing Services-AZ
Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Bring your desire to learn and grow with us to our ever-growing Orthopedic clinic, where you’ll be working side by side with medical staff to create a great patient experience. As a Patient Financial Service Representative for Podiatry you will have an opportunity to work with a wonderful team helping patients across many age ranges. You will have regular opportunities to learn new things and utilize your exceptional customer service skills to make a difference in the lives in our patients. Your passion will shine while you assist patients and coworkers with daily responsibilities as checking in and out patients, collecting copays, scheduling appointments and returning messages. Bring your dedication and determination to succeed. You will have a daily opportunity to learn new things and utilize your decision-making skills to make a difference in the lives in our patients.
We are an engaging team with a definite potential for growth. We’re expanding every day with our outreach clinics all throughout the valley. You’ll have an opportunity to learn and grow while working alongside a great team of individuals who are passionate about caring for our pediatric patients. This position is located in Sun City West. The position will need to be flexible to work shifts between the hours of 8:00AM to 5:00PM Monday – Friday.
If you have experience, a great attitude and a stellar work ethic we look forward to hearing from you! We offer an amazing opportunity to learn and grow and to make a difference in your life and the lives of others through compassionate patient care.
Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
Weekly pay 403(b)
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education) is required.
This position is responsible for providing personalized coordination, clarification and communication of all financial aspects of care continuum, including insurance and authorization verification, registration, financial counseling and claims research. This position partners with the clinical care team to determine financial impact for the patient and serves as the primary contact for any financial questions related to a patient’s care across the entire continuum of their treatment, ensuring a seamless experience for the patient and their family.
1. Performs pre-registration/registration processes. Partners with the clinical care team to determine initial authorizations needed based on the predicted care treatment plan. Obtains patient insurance benefit information for all aspects of the treatment, including, but not limited to, inpatient and outpatient services, prescription drugs, and travel and housing, if necessary. Assesses need for alternative coverage sources.
2. Verifies insurance coverage and obtains authorizations and notifications throughout the patient’s treatment. Obtains all necessary signatures and documentation required by the patient’s insurance plan. Accurately and completely documents all information into the patient records system to ensure maximum reimbursement. Monitors and updates information regarding insurance data, authorizations, preferred providers and changes in patient’s treatment plan. Partners with the clinical care team and insurance provider to ensure continued coverage of patient’s care and maximum reimbursement and minimized financial impact to the patient.
3. Provides financial counseling to patients and their families and serves as the primary resource throughout the patient’s treatment. Discusses benefits and other financial issues with patients and/or family members during initial referral and during continuation of care. Advises patients on insurance and billing issues and options. Explains company financial policies and provides information as to available resources and avenues for alternative payment arrangements. Assists patients, families and team members in addressing insurance coverage gaps via alternative funding options.
4. Provides financial advocacy, assistance and support to patients and families, as needed. Assists patients who are un-insured to access other funding resources and completes required documents. Maintains current working knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid and other program benefits and criteria, particularly as they pertain to long-term care and low-income patients. May serve as a liaison between the facility and community in making community resources available to the patient and family.
5. Acts as a liaison between patient/PFS department/payer to enhance account receivables performance, resolve outstanding issues and/or patient concerns, and to maximize service excellence.
6. Calculates patient liability according to verification of insurance benefits, collects deposits and co-payments.
7. May provide leadership and training to other members of the financial team and serves as a resource for internal and external customers.
8. Works independently under general supervision, leads and follows structured work routines. Works in a fast paced, multi task environment with high volume and immediacy needs requiring independent decision making and sound judgment to prioritize work and ensure appropriateness and timeliness of each patient’s care. This position requires the ability to retain large amounts of changing payor information/knowledge crucial to attaining reimbursement for the services provided. This position is an integral part of the care team, as they serve as the primary contact for all financial aspects of the patient’s care, both for internal and external customers. Internal customers include all levels of the clinical care team, as well as other administrative support positions throughout the facility and organization. External customers include patients and their families, physician office staff and third party payors.
Requires knowledge as typically obtained through an Associate’s Degree, with a focus in social work, healthcare administration or finance.
Requires knowledge of medical terminology and an understanding of all common insurance and payor types, authorization requirements and alternative financial resources as typically obtained through a minimum of three years of diversified experience in a hospital Patient Registration/Financial Services setting. Must have highly developed interpersonal, communications and human relations skills. Must also possess accurate and efficient keyboarding skills, strong organizational and time management skills and flexibility in responding to multiple demands. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson on the Banner University Medical Center Phoenix campus must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. This is a requirement of the Whole Family Counseling Program held at this specific facility.
Bachelors degree in social work, healthcare administration or finance preferred. Prior experience as a social worker or financial counselor preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.