Signify is the global leader in lighting products, systems and services, transforming how lighting is used to enhance the human experience in the places where people live and work.
Telensa is wholly owned subsidiary of Signify Holding NV. Signify is the world leader in lighting for professionals, consumers and for the Internet of Things. Signify is one of the few companies in the world to achieve carbon neutrality and our next sustainability goals are even bolder: doubling our positive impact on the environment and society by 2025.
Telensa is a leading company in technology for the Internet of Things and Smart Cities. We have more smart city devices globally, than any other company. Our products are enabling cities from Atlanta, Georgia to Wellington, NZ to significantly lower their carbon footprint and improve the lives of citizens.
The HQ for Telensa is in Pampisford, Cambridge. Telensa is active in the UK, US, Canada, Middle East, SE Asia, Latin America, Australia/NZ and now leveraging the global reach of Signify.
As an employee of Telensa, you are right at the heart of our business. You will work with cross-functional teams to translate our customers’ dreams into impactful solutions that keep us ahead of the market.
The Bids and Proposal Officer will be involved in creating proposals and working on our responses to tenders from both public and private sector customers around the world. This includes providing qualitative descriptions of our solutions, together with quantitative analysis and pricing, in a variety of formats. Coordinating with sales and product management colleagues, is invariably to deadlines, so success in this role needs good team collaboration and effective workload management.
What you’ll do:
- Support the sales organization, internal and external, in the development or validation of proposals and bid responses
- Understand project requirements and coordinate with technical specialists to collate necessary response materials, ensuring completeness, accuracy, and delivering responses to time
- Adhere to the quote/deal/pricing/promotion process, including the pricing compliance policy
- Support the management of contracts and commercial agreements
- Support Sales and Margin
- Productivity gains
- Drive for high levels of customer satisfaction
- Support customers’ sales process
- Execute activities to improve collaboration with the customer
- Provide information on contracts and agreements signed-off
- Activate the qualification activity of Leads
- You hold 5 years of sales/commercial working experience, with 2-3 years in proposal/bid response activities
- Familiarity with structuring and delivering proposals for multi-faceted technical systems, covering solution description and pricing
- Customer Support & Services Process Management
- Knowledge of Products, Systems and Customer Support Tools
- Financial Acumen & Commercial Awareness
- Delivers on Commitments
- Customer Centricity and Retention
What you’ll get in return:
- We role model Inclusive behaviour & foster Diversity
- We drive a culture of continuous learning
- We build manager/leader capabilities
- We build culture of praise and recognition
- We involve employees in idea creation and decision making
- We actively endorse and support Corporate Social Responsibilities
- We drive sustainable change
- We live and breathe our values – Customer First, Game Changer, Greater Together and Passion for Results
- We measure and implement actions to support employee engagement
- Competitive salary package
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personalized learning platform where you can access learning content anytime/anywhere at no cost
The annual salary range for this role is £ 40,000 to £55,000 with 25 holiday days (plus bank holidays)