UnitedHealth Group, the parent organization of UnitedHealthcare and Optum, is one of the world’s leading diversified health care companies.
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It’s an opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
OptumServe Health Services is seeking a full-time Chief Growth Officer to join our leadership team. Our mission is to help clients deliver on their mission by improving the health and well-being of those we collectively serve.
The Chief Growth Officer will report to Optum Serve Health Services’ Chief Executive or Operations Officer and partner with other Health Services and OptumServe teams.
This role will lead a team of sales executives, capture & proposal managers, and sales operations experts who must create, nurture and grow customer relationships within the all federal agencies including but not limited to the Veterans Health Administration, Veterans Benefits Administration and Defense Health Agency. This role is a senior leader in the OptumServe Health Services organization and is accountable for the performance and results of annual growth targets. They are resourceful in effectively navigating the organization, managing multiple cross-organizational and external relationships. The leader must have the experience to coach, mentor and develop a growth team with varied levels of experience in the federal sales and growth environment.
The Chief Growth Officer is expected to anticipate market demands by aligning the sales organization to successfully position OptumServe Health Services products, services and capabilities to meet customer needs and cultivating strategic client relationships and teaming partnerships to successfully secure new opportunities.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Direct supervision and leadership of the Growth Team, including professional development and performance management of direct reports
- Sales pipeline development and management including supporting the ongoing qualification of deals in the pipeline to meet business targets
- Infuse program management, operational efficiency and effectiveness, and innovation into contract solution design for targeted opportunities
- Close partnership with Health Services leadership, including Program Managers and the Product & Strategy Team to drive on-contract growth and recompete preparation, including providing customer knowledge (direct and secondary feedback), competitor insights and industry trends
- Customer strategy development, including building executive-level deliverables to overcome barriers to transformation and accelerate acquisition within the federal sales organization
- Partner with customers to understand their business needs and objectives; translate that knowledge into customized, differentiated solutions using Optum Serve Health Services resources
- Market leadership, including developing, maintaining, and communicating a clear understanding of the market, Optum Serve Health Service’s capability and product offerings, competition, partners, and key trends that will influence the market over the next three to five years
- Facilitate deal review and proposal management to include fact finding and negotiation, competitive pricing insights and considerations, manage a capture budget, and complete risk assessments and solution reviews
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of operational experience including contracts delivered to the Department of Veterans Affairs, Defense Health Agency and/or the Military Health System
- 5+ years of experience leading and developing a cross-functional team
- 3+ years of healthcare procurement experience as a member of a sales or proposal team
- Experience with federal procurement processes and project management practices
- Documented track record of operational management on a contract valued greater than $100M
- Documented track record of leading a successful team of at least five team members on a contract opportunity in excess of $100M
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Master’s degree
- Verifiable successful consultative sales experience calling on C – Suite and senior buyers in the Federal payer market
- Demonstrable sales success using a consultative sales approach
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $125,000 to $210,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $125,000 to $210,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/AffirmativSe Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.