Atlassian is a leading provider of collaboration software. With products like JIRA, Confluence, and BitBucket, Atlassian helps all sorts of teams to plan, code, and track projects with ease.
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is growing faster than ever and the CoS will serve as the “connective tissue” with stakeholders, and cross-functional teams and in overseeing the day-to-day rhythms of the team. The CoS will run point on a wide range of critical activities including operational cadence, strategic planning, internal communication, metrics, managing budgets, and cross-functional projects. With the help of the CoS, our CALO will be executing at a higher level.
In this role, the CoS will:
- Be a proxy and a connector to help augment the CALO and amplify alignment of decisions and teams acting as the eyes and ears to help her achieve a humming org that is firing (and winning!) from all cylinders.
- Create a framework that ensures that there is a bias for experimentation and action, and that time is spent on the most impactful work.
- Foster cohesion among teams and departments, and connect the dots across the organization for improved alignment and engagement.
- Support the team in defining strategic priorities , then hold them accountable for tracking results.
- Strengthen cross-team communication, reduce uncertainty, aid decision-making & enhance visibility.
- Ensure the CALO is focusing on the most important priorities, creating bandwidth by representing her in key meetings in her stead and keeping leaders accountable for commitments.
To be successful here, the CoS will have:
- 15+ years of relevant professional experience solving complex problems in fast-growing organizations.
- Experience turning strategy into executable plans and driving high visibility projects, using facilitative leadership to build trust, influence collaboration, and coach toward the goal.
- The ability to understand the needs of different audiences and disseminate information, adjusting the level and type of information at the right time accordingly.
- Experience in diagnosing pain points for teams, moving them to good, and going the extra mile to ensure they are great.
- High EQ, increase people engagement, nurture interpersonal connections, surfacing team needs.
- An analytic prowess, drive to support decisions with data, and the ability to make data digestible to varied audiences.
- The humility to augment the leader with the single purpose of making the TEAM successful.
- Strong communication skills, constantly connecting dots and people, and can accurately capture important messages.
What is it like being a CoS at Atlassian? CoS is a highly valued and coveted role for Senior Leaders. You will be a part of a cohort of driven, business-minded, and effective high performers who strive to make their leaders and aligned business areas a success. Here’s what our founders’ CoS has to say The founder whisperer: Keeping Atlassian’s billionaires in line
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we’re motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone’s perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .