State Street is a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors around the world.
Who we are looking for
With immediate effect, we are looking to hire Business Unit Anti-Money Laundering Officer, Vice President, Hybrid to join State Street AML team in Boston, Massachusetts.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Anti-Money Laundering Officer, Vice President, you will:
- Oversight and supervise business units for compliance with FCC/BSA related laws, rules and regulations, advise business units regarding BSA/AML/OFAC related issues and interpretation of applicable regulations;
- Provide guidance to business units regarding risks relative to new products and services
- Monitor that policies and procedures are in place and reasonably designed to ensure compliance
- Coordinate with centralized AML Compliance Managers in the execution of the above
- Assist business to adhere to and comply with applicable, regional, federal and state laws, regulations and guidance, particularly those related to Anti-Money Laundering (i.e. Bank Secrecy Act, US PATRIOT Act, etc.)
- Assist business adherence to Bank policies and procedures
- Identifying and escalating potentially suspicious activity to the Financial Intelligence Unit and/or Chief AML Officer
- Keep senior BU and FCC management informed of issues
- Provide oversight to high risk account reviews
- Provide input to State Street’s FIU is regarding changes in typologies of money laundering and terror financing
- Ensure alerts generated by employees are escalated to the FIU in a timely fashion
- Work with Business Units to assist in the responding to RFIs and assessing reasonableness of responses related to suspicious activity alerts
- Where required by regulation, prepare and file Suspicious Activity and Suspicious Transaction Reports
- Provide assistance during the annual AML risk assessment
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong networking skills and ability to work across multiple organizations to accomplish diverse goals
- Ability to develop positive business relationships within the organization
- Demonstrated ability to influence critical business outcomes in a matrix based, global environment
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently and adapt quickly in handling multiple/evolving tasks as a result of new engagements and/or re-prioritized deadlines, to influence and build consensus
- Excellent oral and written capabilities
- Capable of producing high quality and/or final work product and solutions under strict regulatory or management deadlines
- Strong skills in team leadership and building positive business partner relationships
- Able to take ownership and initiative, to negotiate, influence and build consensus and successfully navigate within a demanding and international environment of a leading global financial institution
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 7+ years’ experience in regulatory oversight, anti-money laundering compliance within the financial services industries
- Detailed knowledge of State Street and/or its businesses and activities strongly preferred
- Bachelor Degree preferred
- Professional certification such as CAMS, RMA, CFE, CPA, CIA preferred
- Previous supervisory/managerial experience required
- Knowledge of FCC laws, regulations and legislative and regulatory processes
- In-depth knowledge of reporting requirements promulgated by the BSA and guidance contained within the FFIEC and other guidance manuals
What we offer
Wide range of benefits, including:
- Prescription Drug
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Employee-Paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Employee-Paid Long-Term Disability
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance & Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Benefits
- BeWell Programme
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Salary Savings Program (SSP)
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.