PTFS, a Maryland-based company providing digital archiving and library solutions, as well as professional services including digitization, library staffing, and integration services, has an immediate opening for Scanner Operator Level I. This position produces high-quality work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment based on stringent client expectations within PTFS’s Digitization Division.
Scanner Operator Level I
- 1+ years scanning/imaging or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Windows based applications to include Word, Excel, etc., a plus
- Knowledge of scanning and/or workflow software such as Kodak, Fujitsu, etc., a plus
- Document preparation (preparing the physical material for processing through high-speed scanners), as well as conduct visual review of documents being prepped/scanned.
- Document reassembly of documents. Materials must be returned to the same condition in which it was received prior to processing to return them their place of origin
- Ability to identity document breaks and/or perform unitization tasks in accordance to digitization project requirements
- Manual quality assurance (electronic review of images by scan unit output from scan for image quality, orientation, and clarity) in accordance to digitization project requirements
- Output quality assurance (review post-scan output for image “hang-ups,” processing anomalies, and deliverable image quality and accessibility) in accordance to digitization project requirements
- Individuals selected must be able to lift/carry items up to approximately 30 lbs; stand for prolonged periods of time
- Attention to detail, common sense, ability to recognize errors and discrepancies n
- Ability to take and follow directions
- Ability and willingness to learn
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Education – High school diploma (at the minimum) or other related experience
Qualifications – Knowledge of Windows and Windows based applications; Knowledge of conversion of paper, photographs, microfilm, microfiche, slides, video, audio, etc. to digital files using a variety of scanners, hardware, and software. English language proficiency.
- Ability to quickly adapt and initiative to learn new processes
- Flexibility to quickly transition from various multiple projects in any given time
- Ability to work together as a member of the team
- Ability to type 30-35 WPM
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL FACTORS
Must be able to pick up and move boxes up to 30 lbs. Work schedules may be subject to change dependent on project and customer requirements and deadlines. Must be able to travel and work at customer location in the District of Columbia/Maryland/Virginia (DMV) area.