We are a network of public charter schools in New York, Indiana, and Arkansas, providing opportunities for children to discover, achieve, and prepare for success in college and beyond.
Capital City Lighthouse Charter School in North Little Rock, AR is currently seeking a Manager of School Office and Operations for the 2021-2022 school year. Candidates with experience in education or with running a building will be highly considered. Ideal candidate skills include, but are not limited to, an understanding of payroll, Excel, ADP and PowerSchool.
VISION FOR POSITION
The School Office/Operations Manager (SOM) is the business operations leader for a school, managing all non-instructional functions, services, and staff so that the instructional team can maintain a concentrated focus on teaching and student achievement and maximize instructional time. The SOM ensures that the school is managed with operational excellence and fiscal prudence by creating, refining and implementing policies and systems while upholding the values of Lighthouse Academies. The SOM and his/her team work to create a culture of service and support. The SOM partners with the larger school leadership team to develop a school-wide culture of respect and achievement and a team culture grounded in common goals, mutual respect, empathy towards others, and an appreciation of diversity. The SOM is a next generation educator who is a critical thinker and innovative problem solver with a high level of emotional intelligence.
The School Office/Operations Manager is an operational and strategic leader responsible for maintaining operational excellence and fiscal prudence. The actions of School Office/Operations Manager must always be aligned with our mission, vision, and core values. The essential functions for School Office/Operations Manager are as follows:
- Develop and implement school-wide non-instructional systems and procedures that ensure operational excellence within the school. Systems include but are not limited to: Transportation, Safety, National School Lunch Program, procurement, compliance tracking, and budget management.
- Capture and organize key school data with reliability for the creation and completion of various compliance reports (attendance, enrollment, staffing, etc).
- Manage and successfully complete all necessary compliance reporting to the Local, State, Federal Government, and LHA stakeholders.
- Ensure that all fire, life, and safety regulations and procedures are implemented ensuring the well being of all school staff and scholars.
- Support the Coordinator of Family and Community Partnerships to conduct the school’s lottery and enrollment process with integrity and uniformity.
- Update and maintain accurate student records and student data in student information system.
- Manage the daily execution of the school’s national school lunch program.
- Ensure that the transportation needs of scholars are met.
- Oversee all janitorial staff to ensure that the facility is well maintained and continues to be a source of pride in the community.
- Manage school’s inventory process.
- Support Charter Facilities Management with any facility related initiatives as needed.
- Support the development, management, and maintenance of the procurement lifecycle, including but not limited to: vendor selection, account creation, purchase order management, materials requisitioning and receiving, inventory management, and invoice reconciliation and payment.
- With district and national office support, maintain school’s financial management system (QuickBooks).
- Support the Principal in the development and management of the annual budget to ensure that school meets its financial goals.
- With regional and national office support, serve as human resource administrator as it relates to employee information and benefits.
- Maintain all employee files; update required HR paperwork and data systems.
- Oversee payroll administration.
- Recruit, hire, lead and manage larger school operations team. Staff could include: office manager, office assistants, non-instructional aides, janitorial and maintenance staff, transportation staff, and lunch services team.
- Meet with school leadership team regularly to discuss goals, progress towards goals, trends and challenges, areas for growth, and action plans.
- Create a culture of service and support developing team members to excel in their roles and ensuring the school maintains operational excellence.
Culture of Achievement and Respect
- Communicate respectfully and thoughtfully with parent/guardians remaining sensitive to different families’ cultures, values and needs.
- Work with the school leadership team to implement the school’s mission; coordinate work and collaborate with the LHA network.
- Assist in creating a school culture with staff, parents and students focused on strong academic achievement, fairness, respect and high expectations for behavior.
- Ensure staff members understand the procedures and have the resources to operate effectively.
- Collaborate with colleagues to continuously improve personal practice and achieve overall goals and mission of the school and the network.
- Access meaningful learning experiences (professional development opportunities, and ideas from colleagues and supervisors) and exercise judgment in accepting findings as valid for application.
- Reflect critically upon operational leadership experience, identify areas for further professional development as part of a professional development plan that is linked to school and network goals, access meaningful learning experiences, and listen thoughtfully to other viewpoints and respond constructively to suggestions and criticisms.
- Use feedback to inform and update Individual Professional Development Plan.
- Fulfill all outlined and related functions professionally and thoroughly.
Education & Experience:
- BA required;
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience required, with 4 years preferred;
- Prior school or education reform experience preferred;
- Experience with payroll and accounting systems preferred (Quickbooks and ADP perferred);
- Managerial experience preferred
- Facility management experience perferred
- Mission Focused
- Driven towards Excellence
- Relationship Builder
- Talent Manager
- Organized & Planned
- Constant Learner
Knowledge & Skills:
- High tolerance for ambiguity, changing work priorities and deadlines, and a willingness to take on responsibilities and to prioritize work on multiple projects;
- Highly detail-focused and results-oriented;
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with multiple constituencies including parents, staff and students;
- Team-player attitude and strong customer-service orientation;
- Excellent organizational, planning, and implementation skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word;
- Demonstrated initiative, leadership, and tenacity; and
- Passion for Lighthouse’s mission