Be a part of something powerful at America’s premier energy provider!
At Exelon, we are united by our values and shared vision for a cleaner and brighter future. We encourage curiosity, value diverse perspectives and we never stop looking for ways to be, work and do better. We know the future is in our hands. That’s why we’re looking for people like you, who have the power to make a difference.
As the nation’s largest utility company, we serve more than 10 million customers through six fully regulated transmission and distribution utilities: Atlantic City Electric (ACE), Baltimore Gas and Electric (BGE), Commonwealth Edison (ComEd), Delmarva Power & Light (DPL), PECO Energy Company (PECO), and Potomac Electric Power Company (Pepco). All 18,000 of us are committed to delivering safe, reliable and affordable energy to our customers, strengthening our communities, supporting a clean energy future and reducing our impact on the changing climate.
Our people are the heart and soul of our business. Whether it’s powering lives, supporting communities or collaborating with colleagues, an Exelon employee is talented, compassionate, forward-thinking and inspired. We are empowered to evolve and advance our careers in an open and inclusive environment. We pride ourselves on being the kind of place where people want to come and stay. We know that investing in our employees’ futures strengthens ours, which is why we offer competitive compensation, incentives and health and retirement benefits.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Perform analysis and prepare standard reports to support business operations. Conduct basic modeling, forecasting, trending, variance analysis, business case development, and other financial and operational analysis. Monitor and coordinate activities to support operational performance management (e.g., safety, reliability, service level, productivity, etc.). Track, maintain, analyze and provide current and relevant information on the operation’s business scorecard or key performance indicators (KPIs). Support the development of performance reports for both internal and external use. Support the short-term and long-range business planning process. Provide analytical and operational support to the business unit. Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- The following duties and accountabilities are those typically performed by the business analyst job family in Energy Delivery. The specific duties, accountabilities and percentage of time may vary depending on the department and/or functional area needs. If appropriate, a specific departmental position description may by developed and kept by the departmental manager with a specific list of duties and accountabilities for this position.
- Support the short-term and long-range business planning process. Conduct basic modeling, forecasting, trending, variance analysis, business case development, and other financial and operational analysis (e.g., operational effectiveness, budget, resource, workload, workforce and capacity utilization, competitor, etc.).
- Develop and provide relevant statistical information to ensure the most effective utilization of personnel, equipment and/or materials for business operations.
- Monitor and coordinate the business unit’s activities to support operational performance management (e.g., safety, reliability, service level, productivity, etc.).
- Track, maintain, analyze and provide current information on the operation’s business scorecard or key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Perform analysis of the operation’s cost elements to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Prepare and analyze standard reports.
- Support the development of detailed performance reports for both internal and external use.
- Provide analytical and operational support to the business unit.
- This is an individual contributor position that works under direct supervision and follows standard procedures to accomplish assigned tasks. This position is expected to resolve general questions and problems and determines when to refer more complex issue to higher levels.
- May require working extended hours and/or shift work to support business operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering AND 0 – 2 years relevant business experience, or in lieu of Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 4 – 8 years relevant business experience is required.
- Basic understanding of applicable standards, methods, processes and practices, business fundamentals, and performance metrics in the specific functional area supported by this position (e.g., asset management, electric or gas operations, customer service, transmission and substation, distribution system operations, regulatory and external affairs, transmission operations and planning).
- Basic proficiency in standard software applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project), business technologies and specialized business applications (e.g., workforce management, project management, PassPort, Brio, CIS, EPS, Business Objects, SAP planning, business modeling, forecasting, voice response unit, automatic call distributors, work management, outage management).
- Ability to provide basic analysis and apply managerial accounting concepts, customer intelligence gathering, forecasting, staff planning, scheduling, analytical and statistical problem solving, financial, accounting, business and budget analysis.
- Basic analytical skills for project evaluation including analysis of departmental projects with economic, financial, risk and decision analysis. Limited experience in business case development.
- Customer driven with good oral and written communications skills and basic analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Knowledge of the practices, procedures and principles of performance analysis (trending, root cause and gap analysis) benchmarking and audit compliance. Ability to analyze organizational data and basic problems, interpret and recommend alternative courses of action.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of CIMS, RNI or MDM