State Street is a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors around the world.
Who we are looking for
State Street is an industry leader in providing administrative fund services to both Hedge Fund and Private Equity managers within our Alternative Investment Solutions business group. Our PE team delivers customized service solutions for investment funds that have closed end structures and a variety of portfolio investments. This opportunity uniquely offers candidates the opportunity to service hybrid hedge and private equity products for industry leading asset managers. The PE NAV role is the hub in the delivery of administrative services. Employees interact daily with functional teams including; trade operations, investor services, custody, tax, and financial reporting locally and in globally diverse locations.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Fund Accounting & Administration, Officer you will
- Supervise staff (including Associate 1 Associate 2 and Senior Associate Staff)
- Manage internal workflow and client deadlines
- Manage client relationships & liaising with client personnel on a daily basis
- Maintain good working relationship with all client contacts including investment professionals investors auditors lawyers and banking personnel
- Review quarterly and annual financial work paper packages including portfolio schedules accruals and partner capital allocations
- Review quarterly and annual financial statements and footnotes and coordinating annual audits.
- Review and/or prepare complex fee calculations management fees waterfall and capital account allocations etc.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- An ability to be a leader within their team, as well as be a leader amongst your peers
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, which includes excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Candidates must demonstrate initiative, be able to perform well under pressure, and simultaneously handle multiple assignments
- Excellent administrative and organizational with the proven ability to multi-task and to work efficiently to meet client deliverables
- Investran experience is preferred.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- At least 5 to 6 years of Private Equity experience
- Experience with alternative investment asset classes, complex fund structures and fee calculations desired
- Ability to thrive and function in a high pressure deadline driven environment
- CPA qualification is favorable but not required
- Experience with Investran or Geneva favorable but not required
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.