Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
AWS Migration Services org is hiring a Senior User Researcher to join our growing design and research team. The user researcher will have a significant impact on our business and provide direction and vision for customers’ migration journey. This researcher will also be a key input in driving the product roadmap.
We also care about your career growth. Once you join the team, you and your manager will jointly craft a career plan and review it regularly to ensure you’re on track to meet your goals. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we’ll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.
This Senior User Researcher will identify opportunities for innovation in helping customers migrate to AWS. In this role you will execute a strategic research working collaboratively with leadership, UX designers, product managers, and engineers to understand opportunities and customer connections. You will use your deep understanding of user research methods and best practices to uncover customer insights that help drive tactical and strategic impact across the organization.
In addition, you will:
• Identify best research methods (quantitative and qualitative) to answer question on our users based on research questions, timeline, and resourcing.
• Build and continuously improve a robust and thoughtful approach to gather customer insights.
• Define and execute a comprehensive research roadmap; communicate and refresh on regular basis to ensure relevancy.
• Effectively translate data and insights into strategy and design direction.
• Create a deep understanding and empathy for our customers across diverse audiences, including designers, PMs, engineers, and business leaders.
• Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize research questions based on analysis of current knowledge, project goals and risks.
• Continually learn, grow, and improve the craft of UX research.
• 5+ years proven success leading User Research projects with demonstrated impact.
• A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (eg: study plans, reports, personas)
• 5+ years of end-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, test creation, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting)
• 5+ years of hands-on experience with: field research, ethnography, lab-based user testing, remote testing, paper prototype testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, and survey design
• BS in HCI, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, or similar experience.
• MS or Ph.D. in Human Factors, HCDE, Cognitive Psychology or similar.
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
• An unfailing passion and capacity to advocate on behalf of our users.
• Experience in a highly agile/scrum environment.
• Ability to work in a startup environment.
• User research or other experience from a technical field, such as software development, systems management or similar.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.