State Street is a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors around the world.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for a passionate, committed employee who thrives in a team setting. Candidates must be able to collaborate with multiple teams, including IT, to help grow and develop our securities lending operations teams and processes. This role will require individuals who can understand process flows and analyze controls. Candidates should be able to clearly communicate with others and not be afraid to speak their opinions. This role requires an individual who is self-motivated, shows ownership, and is self driven to improve the desk. This individual should view obstacles as an exciting challenge that demands creative solutions. Candidates who are interested in a fast-paced environment and are open for new challenges should apply.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM’s number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients’ portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in the capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Front Office, Senior Associate you will
- Supports daily securities lending agency activities.
- Ensure that all requisite processing and related controls are completed on time, on a daily basis.
- Establish and monitor an effective oversight framework ensuring that work is completed ‘on-time’ or issues are identified & escalated in a timely fashion.
- Clearly escalate & explain issues or exceptions that may impact our business with immediate activation of review and tracking.
- Obtains information from corporate actions and/or sell desk on trade restrictions and relays relevant information to traders and brokers. Executes instructions to receive or deliver collateral from broker counterparties.
- Take responsibility for SLA development and adherence.
- • Must be able to communicate effectively with multiple counterparties and have the ability to follow through on inquiries and work assignments.
- Demonstrate ‘Risk Excellence’ culture in your behaviour and nurture the same ethos within the team, encouraging an environment of openness and transparency that fuels effective challenge, debate and open discussion.
What we value
- Advance problem-solving and decision facilitation skills
- Experience with excel, access database is a plus
- Being organized, flexible and able to work in a deadline driven environment is must
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- These skills will help you succeed in this role
- A basic understanding of securities lending not required, but a plus
- The ability to work in a fast paced and group-oriented environment
- Strong verbal and writing communication skills
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.