The Boeing Company
At Boeing, you can contribute to work that matters.
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. Weâ€™re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate thatâ€™s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Customer Administration Apprentice
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners, defence, space and security systems, and service provider of aftermarket support. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
- Customer Liaison (internal & external): – Confident call handling, if necessary, route calls to appropriate department and/or handle enquiries. Meet and greet centre visitors.
- General Admin: – Book hotels and transportation for customers and employees, and reconcile statements of related expenditure.Â Support with travel and expense systems. Managing post, couriers and deliveries. Support the business with stationery and Boeing Store orders.
- Information resource: – Point person for internal and external stakeholders.Â Coordinating Boeing visitors to campus.Â Some event management.Â Diary management, meeting administration and catering orders.
- Campus Security: Understanding security systems, visitor screening, access passes issue and return and handling left luggage. Alarms and gate access, administrator locker keys/register. Change and update server and security videotapes. Assisting with weekly Fire and Safety tests.Â Interaction with evening security team.
- Facilities:Â Classroom checks and stock replenishment.Â Reporting faults/issues. Overall readiness of campus to welcome customers and visitors.
- To provide first class front of house service and administration for all customers (external and internal) at the Training Campus.Â
- Work Environment: Fast-paced, general office and front desk environment.Â
- End Qualification:Â Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service Practitioner
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Communication: – Good verbal and written communication skills and a good command of English. Comfortable using a variety of methods i.e. face to face, email and telephone. Effective presentation to both internal and external customers. Ability to record information accurately and concisely.
- Customer Experience: – All responses to customer concerns are courteous, efficient and timely. Keeps customers informed of developments, progress and conclusions. Maintains a professional attitude at all times. Demonstrates professional pride through appropriate behaviour, interactions and demeanour.
- Enterprise / Resourcefulness: Partners effectively with other team members to deliver customer requirements. Fosters an environment of teamwork, takes ownership and is open to receiving feedback.
- Organisation and Accomplishment: – Prioritises tasks and takes appropriate steps to execute these within the time frames. Ability to multitask. Willing to consistently ask for help or seek out the capabilities of others. Flexible and adaptable.
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- GCSE English, Maths and ITC â€” min grade C, Level 4 or BTEC Level 2 Pass
- Proficiency in desktop computer applications (i.e. word-processing, spreadsheets etc).
- Previous customer service experience helpful.
- An interest in Aviation.
- Two years of college-related studies desired.
All information provided will be checked and verified.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a BPSS security check.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.