You can make a difference by working at BNY Mellon, where finance, technology and business intersect, to power the global financial industry.
Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment and wealth management and investment services in 35 countries. As of March 31, 2021, BNY Mellon had $41.7 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $2.2 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com . Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
Teams Description: (Overview of the team):
The successful candidate will support the EMEA Public Policy and Government Affairs team. The team is based in London and Brussels. This role will be based in Manchester.
The objective of the Government Relations team is to operate at a level where it can effectively satisfy both legislative and corporate interests and help BNYM to achieve the strategic priorities it has set out. It is responsible for facilitating development and enhancement of long-term relationships with key decision makers and other external stakeholders, taking a broad perspective and including tactical engagement where necessary. The team also plays a vital client facing function.
Through close coordination and engagement with other teams, including Lines of Business, other Legal teams (including the Regulatory and Supervisory Affairs team), and support functions, the team monitors legislative and political developments that could impact the company, adversely or favourably. They work closely with businesses to identify issues and priorities for the company and develop positions and strategies to respond to regulatory and legislative initiatives. They develop relationships and interact with external stakeholders, often in an ambassadorial capacity, and in the process enhance the profile of the company and create opportunities and good will.
Job Purpose: (What the job role involves)
To provide a high level of professional secretarial and administration support to the EMEA Public Policy and Government Affairs team within the Legal Department.
Responsibilities: (Key parts to the job role)
- To provide professional secretarial/administrative support to the EMEA Public Policy and Government Affairs staff
- To support departmental requests made by the Legal Chief Administrative Officer (“CAO”).
- To ensure that clients (internal and external) are dealt with efficiently and politely.
To assist in general secretarial/administrative tasks, including but not limited to:
- Diary management using Outlook.
- Setting up video/webex/conference calls.
- Booking of training, conferences and seminars.
- Travel arrangements, including production of detailed itineraries.
- Preparing and processing expenses.
- Dealing with IT and Facilities as required (procuring equipment, investigating IT issues, new starter setups etc).
- Organisation and storage of electronic and paper records associated with the role.
- Assisting in compiling MI reports.
To assist in secretarial tasks, including but not limited to:
- Creation of a wide range of documents including contracts, presentations, agreements, reports, proposals, meeting agendas and other documents, using Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Assisting with production of papers for internal and external use (printing, photocopying, binding and delivery to clients).
- Proof reading and where appropriate commenting on and/or reviewing letters and documents.
- Dealing with routine correspondence (telephone, written, fax, email) and referring to other staff as appropriate.
Requirements; (what we are looking for)
- Previous experience (of at least 3-5 years) in performing senior assistant role is preferable.
- Proven administrative, secretarial, document production and PA experience, along with advanced knowledge of MS Office packages, especially Word, Power Point and Excel.
- The successful candidate should be organised, efficient and capable of working to instructions with minimum supervision. In addition to these attributes they must have:
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, prioritising tasks accordingly.
- Extensive diary management experience, including the ability to proactively manage diary conflicts and short notice diary changes.
- Strong project management skills, supporting effective tracking of tasks through to successful completion.
- Keen attention to detail
- Responsiveness to requests
- Flexibility and adaptability to change
- Excellent organisational skills in order to support the effective storage of electronic and paper records associated with the role.
- Demonstrate sound judgment and good decision making when dealing with problems – able to solve challenging problems.
- Ability to use initiative and pre-empt issues before they arise
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach to work.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal) and strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience of successfully managing internal and external stakeholders both by telephone and face to face, including leveraging influencing skills to achieve role objectives.
- Operate effectively and collaboratively as part of a wider team of assistants both within legal and wider executive/business stakeholders.
- Proactive in building and maintaining strong working relationships that support effective completion of role.
- Seen as ‘approachable’, helpful and discreet.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world’s financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It’s the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.