The Home Depot
The Home Depot is the world’s largest home improvement retailer.
Monitor SSC security and assist Home Depot associates with security and safety related issues.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- Patrol the SSC complex and investigates unusual occurrences.
- Write incident reports on actual or potential loss and interview victims and witnesses.
- Respond to emergency situations of various types at SSC Atlanta.
- Perform security inspection tours; document problems and notify appropriate personnel.
- Operate the security Control Room.
- Monitor security check points at SSC and other facilities as directed to screen and control events.
- Escort associates and visitors to parking facilities as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope:
This position has no direct reports.
Typically has some contact outside workgroup.
Typically assignments are very specific.
Typically follows detailed rules or instructions when solving problems.
Typically follows instructions closely when completing tasks and does not change until given the next assignment.
Environmental Job Requirements:
Typically located in a comfortable indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Work is routine with few deadlines or other pressures.
Standard Minimum Qualifications:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 1+ years of experience
Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward.
3-5 years of security experience
Corporate security experience
Customer service experience
Part Time Weekends (SAT & SUN)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Must be able to read and write in order to review and complete required reports and record keeping activities. Should possess interpersonal skills to effectively interact with and communicate with HD associates and visitors. Must possess logical skills
and inspect HD property to ensure safety of HD associates and visitors.