Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is one of 12 reserve banks created by Congress to provide the nation with a safer, more flexible, and more stable monetary and financial system.
Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 which includes receiving a COVID-19 vaccine booster or qualifying for an accommodation from the Bank’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy; individuals who are unable to be vaccinated due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may request an accommodation from the Bank.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland serves the Fourth Federal Reserve District, which comprises Ohio, western Pennsylvania, eastern Kentucky, and the northern panhandle of West Virginia. It is one of 12 regional Reserve Banks that, together with the Board of Governors in Washington DC, make up the Federal Reserve System, the central bank of the United States.
Our mission is to foster the stability, integrity, and efficiency of the nation’s monetary, financial, and payments systems to promote optimal economic performance across the country and within the Fourth District.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is seeking a Senior Regional Officer for our Pittsburgh Branch. The successful candidate will serve as the Bank’s senior official and regional economist in the Pittsburgh area. Responsibilities include gathering and analyzing economic information and managing relationships with business and community contacts in the region. This leadership role reports to the group vice president overseeing the regional analysis unit in the research department.
Specific expectations include:
Serve as the Bank’s senior official at the Pittsburgh Branch
- Develop relationships with a broad network of stakeholders in Pittsburgh and surrounding areas in support of the Bank’s monetary policy responsibilities, including, but not limited to, leaders in the following sectors:
- Prominent local businesses and banks
- Chambers of commerce and regional economic development organizations
- Educational institutions
- Public officials and policymakers
- Speak to regional audiences on national and regional economic conditions, highlighting relevant research from the Bank or other entities.
- Maintain knowledge of the Bank’s strategic priorities and policy views, communicating them, as appropriate, to external entities.
Serve as the Bank’s regional economist at the Pittsburgh Branch
- Engage in economic analysis and discussions that are used to advise and inform the Bank’s president and boards of directors.
- Participate in periodic briefings that support the Bank president’s role on the Federal Open Market Committee.
- Assist in the production of Beige Book, including in recruiting participants to participate in the associated survey.
- Author articles for the Bank’s publications and website.
Manage the Bank’s relationship with the Pittsburgh Branch’s board of directors and business advisory councils
- Recruit business and community leaders to serve as directors and advisory council members.
- Plan and oversee these meetings, working with colleagues in the Research department and in the Office of the Corporate Secretary.
- Summarize the discussions at these meetings to inform internal stakeholders.
Serve as the local, coordinating contact for the Pittsburgh Branch
- Work with local and district management to create and maintain an effective branch environment and culture.
- Keep the Bank’s senior management informed of Pittsburgh Branch accomplishments, concerns, and emerging issues.
- Model the Bank’s values of accountability, excellence, inclusion, innovation, integrity, and service.
Qualifications: The following demonstrated qualifications are requisite for the position.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree or doctorate in economics or a related field, such as business or public policy preferred.
- Experience analyzing economic information using statistical methods and communicating that analysis, orally and in writing, to internal and external audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to develop productive and collaborative relationships internally with other managers and externally with business and community contacts.
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience in economics or a related field is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills that allow complex ideas to be presented at a level accessible to a general audience.
- High level of motivation and organizational agility.
- Experience working with economic and community constituencies is desirable.
Please include the following in PDF file format: (1) a current CV, (2) a sample of recent economic analysis, and (3) a statement of no more than 3 pages outlining your interest in and qualifications for this position.
Employees typically sit most of the day, work with a computer and may answer/respond to phone calls. Physical movement consists of walking for meetings, breaks, etc. Ability to lift items weighing approximately 20 pounds on a limited basis is required. Employees may be required to travel by car/air.
The successful candidate must be fully up to date with their primary series of COVID-19 vaccines and receive their first booster dose within 30 days of becoming eligible to do so, unless the Bank grants an accommodation as required by law.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, performance standards or requirements, efforts, skills or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Job Exempt (Yes / No)
First (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.