First Republic Bank
First Republic was founded on the belief that a truly differentiated culture is devoted to exceptional client service in the banking industry.
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything, and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You’ll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
The Marketing and Communications department drives growth through continually promoting, evolving and safeguarding our brand of exceptional client service. We serve as a strategic partner to our stakeholders, providing the tools, resources and guidance to support our bankers and wealth managers in growing existing client relationships, building new ones, and maintaining a best-in-class Net Promoter Score.
Duties and Responsibilities
Common goals, uncommon potential
The Vice President, Department Strategy and Administration will lead the Marketing and Communications department’s strategic approach to planning, inclusive of ongoing prioritization and integrated with the Company’s annual business planning process. This includes oversight of our OKR framework, the marketing and communications budget, and the talent acquisition and development plan. Success is aligning resources (dollars and people) around the effective delivery of value to the business and evolution of our brand.
This person should be able to think about the department like a General Manager and support the SVP, Marketing and Communications like a Chief of Staff. This role requires the ability to think creatively and with imagination, respond quickly to requests while remaining flexible to changes, and excellent leadership, relationship management, and communication skills. Success in the position over time also requires a passion for and knowledge of the First Republic business model, value proposition, heritage and culture. Knowledge of marketing and communications tactics and organizational structures is preferred, and demonstrated success in aligning resources to delivering impactful results is required. Working closely alongside the SVP, Marketing and Communications, there is great potential for future career growth.
What you’ll do as the VP, Department Strategy and Administration:
– Lead and oversee the OKR (Objectives and Key Results) framework for the department, working alongside the SVP, Marketing and Communications and department’s team leaders to develop annual and quarterly objectives and measurable results; integrating this framework within the Company’s annual business planning process; overseeing rituals and reporting to celebrate successes, recalibrate priorities and resources, and deliver business and brand value.
– Success statement is “Using the OKR framework, we have been able to deliver impactful results to grow the business and evolve the brand, aligned with resources available to us.”
– Lead and oversee the budget for the department, aligning investments to objectives and key results, and delivering business and brand objectives alongside contributing to positive operating leverage.
– Success statement is “We help to drive business and brand results alongside positive operating “
– Lead and oversee the talent development and acquisition plan for the department, including ownership over team roles and responsibilities; identifying gaps and addressing where appropriate through learning and development for existing colleagues; and managing the annual and quarterly staffing and seating plan.
– Success statement is “Our team is well-resourced and equipped to meet the objectives of our “
– Partner successfully with colleagues within and outside of the department
– Hire and lead a more junior role, while leveraging the resources of the department
– Maintain high standards of excellent execution and exceptional service as a steward of the brand and representative of the SVP, Marketing and Communications
– Adhere to all related regulatory and privacy requirements
You could be a great fit if you have:
– Demonstrated success in aligning resources to delivering impactful results
– Demonstrated success communicating and working with executive and business leaders
– Ability to work autonomously and proactively in delivering the above success statements
– Ability to move seamlessly from strategic to tactical, and from conceptual to operational
– Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
– Excellent reporting and analysis skills
– Excellent verbal, written and visual communications skills
– Experience in the OKR (or a similar) framework
– Strong project management and organizational capabilities, with an exceptional attention to detail
– Skill in building networks and relationships, as a team player and collaborator who can lead with influence
– Passion for extraordinary service, in order to embrace the Bank’s culture and values
– Must be able to review and analyze data reports and manuals; must be computer proficient.
– Must be able to communicate effectively via telephone and in person.
– Position involves sitting, standing and walking, and may require lifting 25-50 lbs.
– Travel as needed to markets outside of San Francisco, which include but are not limited to New York, Boston, Los
Angeles, San Diego, Seattle, WA, Portland, OR, Palm Beach, FL and Jackson, WY
Own your work and your career – apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You’ll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability – that’s the First Republic way.
We believe that a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas has and will continue to be fundamental to the future success of First Republic.
If you are curious to learn more about this opportunity, we’d love to hear from you.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. The Company is an equal opportunity employer. In this regard, the Company makes reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in order to enable them to perform all essential job functions, unless doing so creates an undue hardship.
First Republic is subject to federal laws that restrict the employment of individuals with certain types of criminal histories, including FDIA Section 19 and FINRA. To the extent not inconsistent with our obligations under those federal laws and regulations, First Republic will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles and San Francisco ban-the-box laws.
For New York City-based roles: Mayor Bill de Blasio announced that, effective December 27, 2021, all private sector employers?in New York City will be required to ensure that their employees are vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend work in the office. Reasonable Medical or Religious Accommodations may be requested if applicable to you. Please view New York’s Guidance on Accommodations for Workers for more information.