Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
As an Industry Specialist with our team, you will support AWS across Canada. The team focuses on security for governments and other regulated industries, where additional security controls may be needed for contractual compliance. You will build and manage a dedicated security team, as the AWS Company Security Officer. You will provide the expertise, and mechanisms, to manage security projects and cleared workforces. Working with your manager, peers, partners, and leading liaison with the Canadian government to innovate and deliver on the vision and purpose of the programs. We encourage team members and management alike to have a high degree of ownership for their program vision and execution of ideas. While working directly with teams across AWS infrastructure, administrative and other security teams you will identify opportunities to improve AWS’ program security posture.
Key job responsibilities
• Act as Company Security Officer for AWS in Canada, managing security clearances, assets and information security, and management of communications with government.
• Develop a working knowledge of the operational processes and controls in place that support AWS Personnel Security;
• Help evaluate the personnel security risks of projects across Canada, and establishing discrete, actionable mitigations;
• Identify innovative approaches that effectively manage customer security concerns, while still meeting the needs of AWS and minimizing business impact;
• Identify and manage activities within the AWS Security, to include risk identification, assessment, evaluation, tracking and mitigation.
A day in the life
• Minimum 6 years of experience supporting or managing programs or projects in government and/or regulated industries;
• Minimum of 4 years of industry experience with a proven track record of risk identification and remediation;
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively at multiple levels of management, building trust across the organization, and demonstrating discretion with sensitive information;
• Experience managing large-scale projects across cross functional and diverse teams;
• Experience managing personnel screening or national vetting.
• Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business;
• High judgment, negotiation/influence, analytical, and leadership skills;
• Strong customer focus, ownership, and urgency to deliver on customer commitments;
• Demonstrate innovative security approaches in non-traditional IT environments;
• Experience generating automated metrics to measure service and program effectiveness and consistency.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.