State Street is a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors around the world.
State Street’s Corporate Audit Department
At State Street, our people are our most valuable resource. We know that smart, skilled, productive employees are essential to our company’s continued success. As a leading provider of financial services, with operations in 29, we work hard to provide an environment where every employee feels engaged, valued, and well-equipped to reach their full potential.
State Street’s Corporate Audit Department carefully recruits staff with a combination of backgrounds, including prior audit experience in internal and external audit practices, information technology or specialized areas such as regulatory compliance, securities trading and operations. As a member of State Street Corporation’s Audit Division you will be part of a team where collaboration is encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is valued. We offer flexible schedules, continuous training, global exposure and multiple opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Our team of professionals is responsible for providing independent, objective assurance and advisory services designed to add value, minimize risk and improve the overall control environment of State Street Corporation and its subsidiaries. Our auditors interact and communicate regularly with executive management and have tremendous insight into all parts of the company’s daily operations. Our audit team acts as:
- Independent advisors-advising management on risks related to strategic initiatives, organization, process and systemic changes;
- Subject matter specialists and controls experts-providing knowledge and experience in key risk areas;
- Efficiency specialists-identifying inefficiencies in risk management and control design; and
- Problem-solving partners-looking ahead to help management envision future risks and opportunities.
This role is responsible for executing internal audit engagements that assess business risk in Ireland’s Global Delivery division. An ideal candidate will have a proven record of audit execution in accordance with IIA standards and industry best practices, familiarity with key regulations and hands on experience with asset management auditing. Responsibilities include:
- Perform audit work as assigned, leveraging Corporate Audit’s risk-based methodology to assess risks and controls and validate the adequacy of the design of controls
- Devise effective and efficient tests of key controls
- Execute and document audit work and conclude on the audit test results and overall effectiveness of controls
- Identify and report all risk and compliance issues/breaches
- Review and evaluate corrective actions taken by the auditee to improve deficiencies
- Assist in the drafting of audit reports in accordance with division and industry standards
- Work in partnership with the audit team and internal management to communicate expectations and any project issues that may arise throughout the audit
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of audits and assigned functions, including utilization of technology, products, organizational activities, and systems
- Perform other duties as required
Skills And Qualifications
- Approximately 5 or more years of experience in asset management / financial services (investor services preferred) including assessment of inherent and residual risks and control design and effectiveness testing
- CFA, CPA, CIA or other applicable certification preferred
- Awareness of relevant regulatory framework and requirements (e.g. MiFID II, Investment Firms Regulations)
- Strong analytical and project management skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Effective communication skills (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills as well as interest in developing as a leader within Corporate Audit
- Motivated self-starter and proven ability to research, interpret and apply regulatory requirements
- Ability to build strong working relationships with key partners, peers, staff and executives at all level
Some travel is expected to locations where State Street operate