This is a Non-Employee Contingent Worker Role providing services for TIAA’s family of companies and will be employed by TIAA’s preferred 3rd Party Supplier. As a Non-Employee CW, perform a variety of moderately complex business planning, support, and project-related duties. Demonstrates an exceptional standard of quality and holds themselves accountable to achieving excellent results.
This role is located onsite at our TIAA office in Charlotte, NC, USA but will currently be remote.
The anticipated term of this engagement will be 10 months. This term could be extended based on company business needs.
CW-IT Business Systems Analyst III
The Senior Business Systems Analyst analyzes business and information needs in order to design optimal systems solutions. Working under minimal supervision, this job designs system solutions that are appropriate for business needs and consistent with the overall design of the organization’s information systems architecture. This job also recommends improvements to the existing IT systems and processes.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Identifies and analyzes business needs, conducts requirement gathering, and defines scope and objectives of each project.
- Makes recommendations for solutions or improvements to business processes that can be accomplished through new technology or alternative uses of existing technology.
- Translates business requirements into application requirements, and works with all members of the team to execute the application successfully.
- Engages client teams and explains moderately complex initiatives in an understandable manner, while also addressing any hesitations or concerns from the client.
- Estimates the costs of various system solutions and prepares project plans to provide input into decisions about prioritizing projects and allocating IT resources.
- Prepares and maintains technical documentation to guide system users and to assist with the ongoing operation, maintenance, and development of the system.
- Coaches and reviews the work of lower level professionals.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- 3+ Years Required; 5+ Years Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
Nuveen, a subsidiary of TIAA, is looking for Sr. Lead Business Analyst to join Middle Office Technology team. Candidate must have significant hands-on Business and Functional Analysis experience with the Investment Management Business areas supported include Corporate Actions, Pricing, Reference Data Management, Trade Processing, Collateral Management and Portfolio Accounting. Business and Operational knowledge of Equities, Futures, Forwards, Options, OTC and Cleared Swaps, Mutual Funds, Structured Products, ETF, Fixed Income Securities and Alternative Investments like Private Equity & Hedge Funds is a must. . Also desirable would be direct experience working with external financial market data vendors like Bloomberg, IDC, S&P, Reuters, BBH, MarkIT & FACTSET.
- Liaise closely with all Middle & Back Office operations and technology application teams to generate business and application functional requirement documents and design specifications related to strategic enterprise level projects
- Conduct workshops with technical leads to derive the solution design delivery and ensure that the product delivery meets the complete business requirements
- Act as a SME and business point of escalation for key production issues
- Document current state functional workflows across the business areas defined in the summary and design end to end strategic workflows meeting key business and operational needs
- Lead the preparation and coordination of integration and user acceptance testing across multiple applications and business stakeholders, ensuring issues are resolved in a pragmatic and timely manner
- Assist in creating and managing project plans using Project Management Tools to manage projects related to the functional areas described in the summary section
- 10+ years of Buy/Sell side experience working at Hedge Fund/Investment Manager leading business analysis and/or project management related to complex and strategically relevant projects
- Strong expertise on the following Eagle Investment Systems suite of products: STAR, PACE, Portfolio Data Center-PDC, Account Reference Manager, Reference data management – SRM (Security Reference Manager), Pricing Center, Workflow Manager, Scheduler, Message Center, Data Mart, Reporting, and Performance Measurement module
- Understanding of Corporate Action, Trade Processing, Portfolio Accounting, Derivatives workflows, Reference Data Management and Collateral Management business concepts are required
- Ability to write complex SQL to query large data sets within Eagle PACE
- Ability to document current and target state business functional workflows using tools such as Microsoft Visio and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university. BS / BA in Computer Science, Mathematical Finance, Accounting, Math or related technical area
- Post graduate work, such as project management certification, financial certification, or master’s degree in business administration or finance, a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal
- Work well in a collaborative team environment across multiple locations
- Ability to display independent judgment to make decisions
- Ability to follow Hybrid Project Management Methodologies using Waterfall and SCRUM across projects and programs
- Strong, professional work ethic; attention to detail and self-motivated
- Seeks input, drives for consensus and obtains closure; excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Limited travel required (<5%)
Start Date: 07-Feb-2022
End Date: 30-Dec-2022
Travel Required: No
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location.
TIAA requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide documentation of full vaccination, unless you qualify for an accommodation as determined by TIAA consistent with applicable law.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here to access the Applicant Privacy Notice.