State Street is a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors around the world.
Who we are looking for
The role holder will be responsible for the oversight and management of the Transfer Agency AML team (A1’s, A2’s & Senior Associates), management of the AML process for all client relationships and acting as a point of escalation for the AML Team members and TA teams on any AML related queries or issues. They will ensure that policies and procedures are followed and that best practices are applied across the group. They will continuously look for enhancements to create greater efficiencies and productivity within the AML team
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Investor Services AML Officer you will
- Be responsible for the setting and achievement of specific Team performance targets and objectives
- to any direct reports.
- Have oversight of the Transfer Agency AML team, managing key priorities on a daily basis,
- planning team work, managing team resources including recruitment of new staff.
- Build and maintain client relationships through regular meetings, forums, ensuring effective
- communication and client satisfaction, and act as a point of contact for client escalation.
- Develop and implement key improvements on the AML process, procedures and new policy changes into the department.
- Work with internal development on system enhancements to improve AML efficiency and productivity within the team.
- Promote a risk awareness culture within the team to drive the zero error policy.
- Proactively identify gaps in internal key controls and work with wider TA manager/director group to close gaps.
- Demonstrate awareness with regulatory (and internal policy) obligations regarding Suspicious Activity Reporting.
- Responsible for the effective management of the team and all associated HR Policies, performance and career developments.
- Participate in department wide training efforts – draft and deliver training course and facilitate ‘on the job’ training.
- Support business growth through the on boarding of new clients.
- Support AVP/VP to engage, develop and retain employees by creating an environment of continued learning and development.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- 4 -6 years Fund Administration/ AML experience (preferable Hedge Transfer Agency) with at least 2 years people management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications in particular Excel.
- Experience in working to tight deadlines, with an ability to multi task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Experience in Client Relationship Management is essential for this role.
- Good working knowledge of AML and regulations impacting the industry.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Degree in Finance and/or Business Related area (minimum 2.2) or relevant working experience.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers