Advocate Aurora Health
Advocate Aurora is a nationally recognized healthcare provider, caring for patients in Wisconsin and Illinois. We help people live well.
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous, and helpful manner, collects insurance co-payments, and responds to routine requests for information.
- Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings, and travel. Coordinates related administrative aspects such as agendas, site selection, food/beverage selections, audio-visual arrangements, and document preparation.
- Schedules patients and enters information into the computer system. Coordinates patient appointments with other areas or physician offices as needed.
- Answers and screens telephone calls, triages clinical calls and resolves problems appropriately.
- Assembles, copies, and releases patient medical records. Works with Medical Records Department regarding requests for notes/additional information.
- Generates basic reports, modifies/updates existing reports, and distributes reports as needed.
- Opens, sorts, and distributes mail and department documents efficiently. Operates and maintains office equipment (fax, printer, photocopier, etc.) and may order office supplies.
- Completes referrals, tracks, and follows up on need for re-authorizations, processes patient registration, and obtains required information.
- May process billing/reimbursement forms and other department records. Maintains logs and reports; performs simple calculations as needed. Assists with gathering, organizing, and compiling data for reports, meetings, etc.
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
- None Required.
- High School Graduate.
- Typically requires 1 year of experience in performing scheduling, customer service, and administrative/clerical support duties.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to multi-task, route calls, greet patients, and maintain a schedule of appointments/meetings.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Access and Word) or similar products, including maintaining, tracking, and entering data in a database and/or spreadsheet software.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively communicate (written, and verbal), build rapport, and relate to all people.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, and lift frequently throughout the workday.
- Must be able to occasionally lift items weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Must have functional speech, vision, and hearing.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Exposed to a normal office environment.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.