DowJones Dow Jones
Dow Jones is a top global provider of real-time news and business information—delivering unrivaled quality content to millions of consumers and organizations.
Dow Jones is looking for an events director to plan and execute events for the CEO. As part of the Office of the CEO and reporting to the SVP for Strategic Initiatives, the Events Director will coordinate thought leadership dinners and small events for the chief executive in conjunction with existing marquis Dow Jones/WSJ events, as well as external international conferences. The CEO Events Director will work closely with our existing events team, as well as communications, advertising and professional sales teams to develop a CEO event strategy with a goal of driving more value to the business.
- Plan, organize and execute all duties relating to CEO-hosted events
- Identify and book interesting and relevant guests based on business priorities and existing events calendar
- Find and secure appropriate event venues based on event type
- Work closely with communications, sales and events teams to identify highest-value opportunities for guest engagement
- Coordinate with the Chief Communications Officer to define overall event strategy, as well as specific goals, success metrics and messaging for each CEO-hosted external event
- Manage execution logistics and oversee executive preparation, including briefing documents, remarks, speech writing, etc
- Coordinate follow-ups – both with guests and internal stakeholders – after events from CEO
- Manage events both domestically and internationally
- Ability to travel at a short notice
- 5 + years relevant event production experience
- Proven experience executing sophisticated corporate media events
- Experience booking VIP guests and providing white glove service
- An understanding of the Dow Jones business, brands and customers and how an executive events strategy can support business goals
- Strong organizational skills, being able to manage multiple projects at once
- Excellent project management skills
- Exceptional people skills and an ability to remain poised and unflappable in all situations
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with high attention to style and grammar
- The ability to take on a wide range of tasks and duties
- Experience managing events at major international business events, including the World Economic Forum and Cannes Lion Festival, strongly preferred
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation” in the subject line.
Business Area: OCEO
Job Category: Marketing Group
Req ID: 32551