The Custodial Supervisor will assist management in maintaining or improving cleanliness quality through inspections, training and employee accountability, including employee coaching or counseling. Supervisors must build upon established employee or customer relationships, improve employee morale, and help develop frontline associates on a continuous basis.
• Conduct daily and frequent inspections for quality and safety and implement corrective action
• Understand all employee work assignments and schedule for adequate coverage
• Conduct training and retraining as needed and follow recommended training process
• Enforce department policies, follow up on daily assignments, and conduct counseling or disciplinary action
• Maintain effective interpersonal relationships with associates, peers, customers and managers
• Supervise special projects and on-call or new employees
• Audit building keys, pagers, and payroll daily
• Ensure all projects, maintenance, or cleaning challenges are communicated effectively for resolution
• Control supply inventories and distribute equipment as needed
• Observe equipment performance and report needed repairs/replacements
• Assist in performing employee performance evaluations and make recommendations on employee performance ratings
• Observe and report the need for furniture or other building fixtures repairs
• May assist in completing custodial work assignments
• Provide functional/operational support to work area as essential personnel during times of emergency, catastrophe, inclement weather, etc.
This job profile does not contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, or responsibilities. Job duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Prior supervisory experience required
• Must be physically able to lift, lower, push and pull objects up to 50 lb. unassisted
• Ability to stand, climb, bend, stoop and crouch for extended periods of time
• Must be able to initiate and maintain good customer and co-worker relationships in a team environment
• Demonstrates good written and verbal skills and can follow oral or written instructions and directions
• Bi-lingual preferred (English and Spanish)
• Demonstrates strong customer service, interpersonal skills and attention to detail
Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet.
At Aramark, we believe that every employee should enjoy equal employment opportunity and be free to participate in all aspects of the company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, pregnancy, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military status, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you’re pursuing – a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work – our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://www.aramarkcareers.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.