State Street is a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors around the world.
Who we are looking for
The role will be a part of the Centralized Reporting Team supporting GTS Global Technology Services) Business Unit. The position is responsible for monthly and quarterly financial performance review including return metrics and detailed sequential and year over year analysis to support LFOs and Business Head/s. The role will leverage other Finance Insight Center for performance review analysis and support relating to direct expense, as well as indirect revenue and expense allocations. The role will be expected to present information to appropriate levels of management in a clear and concise manner
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Financial Reporting / Analysis / Planning, Officer you will
- Preparation and development of Budgeting, Financial Forecasting, Operating Plan and Modeling tools
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue and expenses
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance
- Ad-Hoc Reporting and Analysis
- Quarterly and Monthly Financial reports
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Supporting Senior Management Team and Business Unit heads with in-depth analysis
- Prepare presentations to Senior Management Team
- Partner with LFO and Corporate to address and execute ad hoc requests & reporting, actionable intelligence, planning and forecasting
- Responsible for seamless information flow with other COEs
- Manage and build key relationships, understanding business requirements and appreciating multiple perspectives to deliver high quality service
- Maintain relationships and oversight of geographically dispersed finance support teams (i.e. Insight Center, International finance and accounting teams) to ensure quality deliverables and proper information flow
- Demonstrate the flexibility to adapt and address changing business requirements
- Proven track record of working collaboratively with global team
- Support the Regional Financial Planning & Analysis team and the Head of Finance in ad hoc projects and analysis as required.
- Collaborating closely with the Insight Centers Revenue, Expense and Central reporting
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills preferred, knowledge of systems a plus (Essbase, Smartview, Oracle, Tableau)
- Strong executive presence, detail oriented and well organized, strong interpersonal skills, ability to prioritize work, ability to interact and manage expectations from Senior Management.
- Have solid problem solving skills as well as written and verbal communication skills.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Expectation of minimum 7+ years’ experience in financial analysis (non-industry specific) or equivalent
- University degree or equivalent in Finance/Economics
- Demonstrated track record of academic success and practical business experience
- Commercial acumen – ‘know what needs to be done’
- Ability to execute tasks efficiently/ effectively – ie demonstrate value-added in previous roles
- Initiative self-starter decisive good fit with team
- Good numerical and analytical abilities with the ability to communicate complex concepts
- Good organization skills and sense of detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Skilled communicator both verbal and written good presentation skills
- Ability to work both independently and across teams.
- Fluency in written and oral English is required.
– Must be able to easily shift between individual and team oriented deliverable and groups, be a strong team player and have a client focused approach
– Ability to work under pressure and overcome challenges from a constantly shifting delivery landscape
– Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables
– Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work, and achieves results with little oversight
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers