Gap Inc. operates Gap, Banana Republic, Intermix, and Athleta brands—offering quality clothing and accessories for men, women, and children on an international scale.
About Banana Republic
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer’s spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what’s next.
About the Role
The Chief Brand Officer is a key member of the Banana Republic Leadership Team and responsible for setting the creative direction for the brand while executing the brand expression globally. The CBO leads global strategic planning, development and execution of Banana Republic’s marketing, advertising, and customer focused initiatives across channels and all internally and externally facing customer touch points. The CBO is responsible for generating revenue by increasing product demand and traffic through successful marketing campaigns, communications, advertising, and PR by using market research, brand LRP and in-depth customer insights to guide the work.
What You’ll Do
- Sets the marketing strategies and brand positioning in a highly competitive environment.
- Craft messaging and positioning in the market; competitive and market analysis
- Leads the identification of target customer segments and markets; leverages market trends, product industry and competitor strategies to formulate decisions.
- Inspires customer-centric thinking and crafts initiatives and campaigns to meet target markets and segments.
- Builds meaningful relationships on behalf of the Brand to broaden reach and impact by leveraging marketing partnerships, including celebrities and key influencers.
- Leads a team of marketing creatives that deliver cut through, compelling campaigns that build an emotional and long-term connection with the customer
- Utilizes Consumer Insights to make decisions, measure marketing campaign results, formulate solutions and adjust to reach aggressive objectives.
- Creates innovative digital marketing assets that ensures first-class web presence that drives strong awareness for the brand and significantly assists in the acquisition and retention of customers.
- Stays on top of competitor and potential competitor activities.
Who You Are
- Substantial experience in all areas of marketing including digital product marketing, social media, loyalty & payment, marketing sciences & analytics, media relations, brand & communications, events and partnerships
- Is a known innovative brand builder and has led and inspired teams and customers through transformation.
- A storyteller with passion for data and how it can be used to inform marketing assets & tactics.
- Proven success in customer acquisition using creative, data-driven tactics.
- Understanding of audience targeting, media optimization, analytics, and content marketing.
- Has led a successful marketing strategy, driving customer engagement and traffic across an Omni business.
- Proven track record as a talent builder, unlocking creativity, risk taking and overall high performance of senior executive teams.
- Builds strong talent bench through external and internal talent networks.
- Bias for action – can make quick decisions using the necessary inputs.
- Strong EQ; heavy collaborator, low on ego, can partner with all levels to mobilize cross-functional work and deliver with speed.
Benefits at Banana Republic
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.
- Employee stock purchase plan.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.
- See more of the benefits we offer.
For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we’ve been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Human Rights Campaign for the seventeenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the fourth year in a row.