Deutsche Bank is a tech-driven provider of financial services, offering corporate, investment, private, retail, and asset management products on a global scale.
Job Title: Middle Office Operations Analyst
Corporate Title: Associate
Location: New York, NY
Wealth Management Operations provides operational support to the Wealth Management business in the areas of wealth advisory, discretionary, trust planning, custody, and brokerage as well as the deposit business with combined $70bn AUM.Operations Middle Office is responsible for managing middle and back office services including outsourced services to third party vendors and services offshored to internal Deutsche Bank locations (outsourced services include transaction processing, custodial, clearing, settlement activities and others).You will take charge of small projects and deliver results, interact with and support the Front Office for all client related issues. You will work with and liaise with Middle Office, third party vendors, Technology, and various other stakeholders daily as it relates to cross functional activities. You will be an integral part of the team working to deliver an efficient operating environment supporting Wealth Management’s success.
What We Offer You:
- We offer competitive health and wellness benefits, empowering you to value life in and out of the office
- Retirement savings plans, parental leave, and other family-friendly programs
- An environment that encourages networking and collaboration across functions and businesses
- Active engagement with the local community through Deutsche Bank’s specialized employee groups
Return to Office:
At this time, all individuals present in the location must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19
- It is the Bank’s expectation that employees hired into this role will work in the New York office in accordance with the Bank’s hybrid working model
- Deutsche Bank provides reasonable accommodations to candidates and employees with a substantiated need based on disability and/or religion
Hear from our people and look inside our office: DB@The Muse
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Provide solutions to the Front Office teams for all issues that arise including securities and cash settlement activities, statements, pricing, reconciliation breaks, corporate actions, transfers, et cetera
- Develop and deliver comprehensive current & future state documented workflows
- Deliver process improvement recommendations highlighting control gaps, STP opportunities, et cetera
- Document key operating procedures ensuring comprehensive final version that includes concise verbiage and consistent format as well as ensuring compliance to policies and control requirements
- Prepare and deliver digestible information to management that supports improvement of processes and operating environment (you will gather data/figures perform quality reviews, analyze/calculate, consolidate, interpret, and translate information gathered into comprehensive PowerPoint views)
- Own the delivery of small ad hoc process improvement projects ensuring operational efficiency; support WM initiatives including assisting in end-to-end reviews and transformation/Agile initiatives
Your Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, relevant experience in wealth management, operations or financial services preferred
- Understand how securities work such as equities, fixed income, alternative investments, mutual funds, sweep funds, cash movements, etc., possess detailed analytical abilities, working with data/numbers/figures
- Practical application ability with Microsoft Office and workflow tools (Visio, ADONIS), strong project life cycle methodologies preferred (i.e. Six Sigma)
- Client/stakeholder management skills with ability to facilitate meetings/discussions and progress topics to comprehensive next steps and resolution
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with ability to express concepts/ideas in an articulate and concise manner, team oriented, logical thinker displays a sense of urgency, forward thinker, results oriented with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and the ability to take initiative in order to achieve successful results
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about our diversity and inclusion policy and initiatives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. Click these links to view the following notices: EEO is the Law poster and supplement; Employee Rights and Responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act; Employee Polygraph Protection Act and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.