At Northwell Health, our 74,000-plus healthcare heroes are raising the standard of care for all in the New York Metro area.
Performs diverse departmental office/clerical duties. Performs diversified office/clerical duties including, but are not limited to: Receptionist duties.
1. Utilizes appropriate hospital computer system to enter pertinent patient information according to regulatory agencies.
2. Receives, reviews, and assembles paper aspect of Hybrid Medical Record of new admissions.
3. Notifies nursing and medical personnel of the arrival of new patients.
4. Functions as the resource person for the content of the Hybrid Medical Record.
5. Maintains paper portion of Hybrid Medical Record and ensures proper patient identification is located on all components of the record.
6. Screens calls and visitors, answers inquiries, makes referrals and ensures the delivery of mail and messages in a prompt and courteous manner.
7. Maintains rosters of patients and their location, and maintains a medical record book indicating the transmittal and disposition of the paper portion of the patient’s Hybrid Medical Record.
8. Assists in the handling and verification of specimens and is responsible for filing lab test results in the paper portion of the patient’s Hybrid Medical Record.
9. Initiates requests for maintenance and housekeeping services and checks the delivery of supplies and stocks appropriately.
10. Maintains a defined inventory of operating supplies and initiates request for needed items. Maintains a neat and orderly nursing station.
11. Utilizes the principles of customer service in all aspects of the job description.
12. Answers patient calls and relays patient needs to the nursing personnel in a prompt and courteous manner or forwards appropriate information to other departments under the direction of appropriate nursing personnel.
13. Maintains patient rights and confidentiality of patient information.
14. Participates in the orientation of new employees as directed by unit leadership.
15. Communicates and works effectively on a daily basis with other staff and other departments in regard to patient care issues.
16. Assists with sending messages in hospital computer system and orders
17. Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
• High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
• Minimum of one (1) year prior clerical experience, required
• Ability to communicate effectively