firstcitizens First Citizens Bank
First Citizens Bank is a full-service financial institution with nearly 550 locations nationwide.
- Work with ERM/ORM management to support the design and execution of risk oversight, monitoring, and reporting programs, including, but not limited to the development of key risk/performance indicators, establishing risk appetite, and various risk reporting activities. Leverage subject matter expertise and employ in-depth knowledge as a generalist or specialist of risk management techniques. This role is responsible for maintaining influential relationships with Senior Management across the Three Lines of Defense.
- Assist with the design and execution of the enterprise risk reporting program to monitor, aggregate, and report on risks across FCB
- Participate as a risk advisor on engagements as assigned by ERM/ORM and provide guidance related to risk best practices, processes and regulatory requirements to support effective risk management across FCB
- Support ERM/ORM management through the promotion of risk awareness with stakeholders across the Bank including risk presentations, workshops and roadshow materials, as required
- Prepare reporting and presentations for senior management and/or governance group review and approval
- Keep abreast of new and evolving risk management developments and industry changes
- Partner with key internal stakeholders, both at the business unit/organizational levels, to maintain awareness of organizational risk exposures
- Develop relationships and remain active in professional networks (e.g. ABA, RMA, etc.) to stay abreast of current and emerging issues.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4 years of experience in Financial Services, Enterprise Risk Management, Operational Risk Management, Compliance, Audit, Finance, or Accounting OR High School Diploma or GED and 8 years of experience in Financial Services, Enterprise Risk Management, Operational Risk Management, Compliance, Audit, Finance, or Accounting
- Working knowledge of regulatory guidance pertaining to enterprise risk and operational risk (e.g. FDIC, OCC, FRB, CFPB, etc.)
- Knowledge of risk management techniques and practices, including a working knowledge of Risk Control Frameworks (e.g., COSO, Basel, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of various bank/government regulatory requirements and processes
- Ability to leverage relationship management capabilities and demonstrate problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exceptional organization, analysis, decision making and problem resolution skills.
- Must be able to meet deadlines
- Uses independent judgment to accomplish objectives
- Ability to impact and influence stakeholders
- Advanced PC Skills including Microsoft Visio, Excel and PowerPoint
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- Advanced degree (e.g., MBA, etc.)
- Enterprise risk and/or operational risk experience
- Experience working with a GRC application, preferably Archer