State Street is a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors around the world.
Quantitative Investments Analyst
Who we are looking for
State Street offers a full service Liquidity & Market Risk measurement solution for sophisticated institutions within the financial markets.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Regulatory and Industry Standard Risk Solutions, you will be part of the team working closely with clients on their risk reporting and financial analysis requirements. You will collaborate with the financial engineering teams and technical support teams in helping to design the appropriate functionality. You will leverage your experience within the market risk management at an asset management and/or a sell side institution to advance capabilities of the existing regulatory risk solutions. Working closely with clients requires excellent presentation and problem-solving skills and as we have a diverse and international client base, some travelling may be required.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of Global Exchange (SSGX). SSGX is a State Street business unit that provides data and analytics solutions to asset owners and asset managers, as well as banks and insurance companies. Global Exchange helps our clients make more informed investment decisions. Our broad product line provides a consistent way of looking at risk and performance from front to middle office.
Join us if making your mark in research for investment industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Quantitative Investments Analyst you will
- Work with clients to incorporate advanced risk management and financial functionality into our product
- Advise clients and field support staff on complex issues surrounding risk management analytics
- Provide financial specifications for the design of new risk management analytics functionality
- Perform research for deriving new pricing/risk management algorithms
- Identify the data requirements for these solutions and work closely with our data team to determine sources / mappings for this data
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales support in the form of product demonstrations, workshops, pilots and client implementation consulting
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Hands on experience developing financial models and system implementation
- Must be familiar with financial products and data
- Experience in a client-facing role and good interpersonal skills an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Strong mathematical and quantitative skills as evidenced by an advanced degree in Finance, Financial Engineering/Mathematics or equivalent
- Proficient programming skills in R, Matlab, VBA and SQL are desirable.
- Familiarity with analyzing and interpreting regulatory risk requirements (UCITS, AIFMD, Sol II, Basel…) an asset
- 3 – 5 years experiences with risk measurement/management
- Professional accreditations (e.g. FRM, CFA) would be an asset
This position is based in downtown Toronto with a hybrid work from home/in-person environment
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers