At Northwell Health, our 74,000-plus healthcare heroes are raising the standard of care for all in the New York Metro area.
Protects and safeguards hospital property, personnel, patients and visitors. Maintains order, detects crime, and works to prevent future occurrences; operates hospital vehicles; enforces Hospital Security policies.
- Patrols and monitors buildings and grounds to protect life and property and to prevent fire, thefts, vandalism, illegal entry and enforce hospital policies.
- Enforces access control policy; secures doors, locks, etc. and activates or de-activates alarms, as required.
- Controls and regulates pedestrian and vehicular traffic in a safe, orderly and respectful manner.
- Operates and maintains facility vehicles in accordance with regulatory compliance and policies.
- Operates and maintains all security and facility equipment in accordance with manufacturers’ guidelines and facility policies.
- Writes incident report in accordance with policies and procedures to document events.
- Checks contents of packages.
- Assists security personnel in the performance of their duties, through the use of physical force, when required.
- Reports all fire hazards and safety violations; escorts hospital personnel, as required.
- Performs related duties as required. All responsibilities noted here are considered essential functions of the job under the Americans with Disabilities Act. Duties not mentioned here, but considered related are not essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid Driver’s License free of violation, required.
- Current License to practice as a Security Guard in New York State, or Current License to practice as an Armed Security Guard in New York State required, plus specialized certifications as needed.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience, required.