- Enforce all Publix security policies and procedures, detaining and questioning persons as required
- Work with facility management in matters of safety, security and loss control
- Maintain strict control of property access, material and truck traffic, observe persons and property on grounds, visitor control and complete necessary logs and incident reports and
- Complete other security duties as assigned.
- At least 20 years of age
- Have a valid drivers license
- Possess a Class D Security Officer’s License or independently obtain a Class D Security Officer’s License within 90 days of your date of hire
- Able to withstand walking and standing for long periods of time
- Able to work any shift, including, but not limited to days, nights, late nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to perform mathematical computations
- Excellent telephone communication skills
- Able to use a two-way radio
- Verifiable satisfactory job performance record
- Able to work well with others and be a team member
- Show enthusiasm, initiative, pride in work and a
- Commitment to Publix and our Mission.
- Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
- Group dental plan
- Group vision plan
- Sick pay
- Paid Parental Leave
- Long-term disability insurance
- Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vacation pay
- Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
- Paycheck direct deposit
- Credit union
- Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
- 6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager’s approval: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).
Potential Annual Base Pay
Other Compensation Information
- Night differential: A $.75 per hour night differential is paid to associates regularly scheduled to work any hours between midnight and 3:00 a.m. (this does not include shifts that end at midnight or begin at 3:00AM).
- Weekend differential: A $2.00 per hour weekend differential is paid to associates for hours worked between 12:00 a.m. Saturday through 11:59 p.m. Sunday.
Year End Bonus
To reward associates for their contributions to the company for the calendar year, Publix provides a Holiday Bonus in November. In the first year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to 15 hours of pay, and in the second year of continuous employment the bonus is equal to one week’s pay if associate remains employed through issue date of the bonus check. In subsequent years, the bonus is equal to two weeks’ pay.
Your application may have additional steps that you will need to complete in order to remain eligible for consideration. Please be sure to monitor your email, including your spam folder, on a daily basis for critical, time-sensitive emails that could require action within 24-48 hours.
Please do not use your Publix email address when applying. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive a confirmation email.