State Street is a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors around the world.
Who we are looking for
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing team, and the incumbent will contribute to key strategic projects in addition to delivering services for our clients. This position plays a key role within our mutual fund trading team. Initially, the role will be responsible for testing our new mutual fund trading platform and will play a key role in building our future state model. In the long term, the incumbent will be responsible for daily execution of unit dealing operations in a fast-paced environment across a variety of complex portfolio types, including target dates, multi-manager, and fund-of-funds.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Unit Dealing Officer you will
- Assist with business requirements, testing, and implementing new functionality on our trading application in coordination with management team, clients, IT, and the vendor
- Execute daily trading activities with a high level of accuracy and timeliness
- Research and resolve inquiries for clients, trading partners, and internal stakeholders
- Ensure all team deliverables are met within assigned deadlines on a daily basis, document and update procedures and team checklists, ensure adherence to standard operating procedures
- Assist with client reporting and client projects
- Assist with client conversions/start-ups of new client relationships
- Analyze internal processes and look to automate, reduce risk, and streamline workflows
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of a functional team by monitoring, reviewing and validating all daily activity to ensure accuracy and adherence to controls within tight deadlines
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong critical thinking and decision making skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Ability to understand and contribute to documented business and technical system requirements
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ experience in financial services industry
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.