SkyePoint Decisions is looking for a highly motivated, team-orientated individual to fill the role of ITOC Watch Officer. Provide support to the IT Operations Center (ITOC) to ensure monitoring, tracking, and documenting of Severity Level incidents and escalation of incidents affecting critical business functions. Monitor and track service impacting changes in the enterprise infrastructure. Monitor Critical Sites for events or incidents that may adversely affect IRM services at that site. Assists with coordinating IRM responses with other Department Operations Centers during crises and/or emergencies (evacuations, natural disasters, civil unrest, etc.) Provides support to Watch Officers. The shift for this role is Sunday-Thursday 1:45pm-9:45pm.
- Monitor network and server performance; assess potential problems with emphasis on designated Critical Sites
- Networks, Applications, Hosting, Voice, and Security
- Work with Service Operations team staff during the installation, upgrade, or decommissioning of infrastructure equipment or software to monitor and track potential impact to the enterprise
- Monitors and analyzes critical incident alerts regarding outages or degradation in services affecting the enterprise using monitoring tools
- System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Other Enterprise Available Tools
- Assist with the development and maintenance of standard operation monitoring procedures
- Provide in-depth analysis of network performance alerts on the messaging and management networks as well as associated servers and applications
- Assist with Major Incident Severity Level calls (standing up conference calls, identifying appropriate service line resources, documenting a timeline of events)
- Preparing, updating, and reporting Situational Awareness to the IT Operations Center Watch Officer
- Monitoring planned and unplanned service impacting changes affecting the enterprise infrastructure
- Coordinate with other Department Operations Centers and foreign posts during crises and/or emergencies reporting on health of network services across the enterprise
- Perform daily check of all systems across the enterprise
- Monitor planned and unplanned service impacting changes
- Update a Daily Log of Change Requests throughout the Enterprise
- Maintain monitoring of all Critical Sites/Posts
- Prepare Critical Sites report documenting any issues, reporting or escalating as necessary
- Perform Operations Checks of all Service Lines
- Assist with preparation of Outage and Resolution Notifications for Severity Level Incidents, Advisory Notifications, Planned Outage Notifications, and updates to those outages
- Assist with SharePoint Outage Tracker entries and updates
- Assist with setting up conference bridges in support of Severity Level 1s and 2s and engaging appropriate resources
- Maintain IT Enterprise Operations ServiceNow Queue
- Perform various troubleshooting tasks as needed by Watch Officers
- Check status of ITOC equipment functionality and send status to Watch Officer
- Archiving of Daily Operations Report and Shift Change Log (Day Shift)
- Perform trend analysis reports as requested
- Check on the status of Critical Site Tickets and close if possible
- Check on the status of Prolonged/Multiple Transfers of Tickets and close if possible
- Create Ad Hoc Reports as requested
- Must be a U.S. citizen and currently possess an Interim Top-Secret clearance with ability to obtain a Top Secret (TS)
- Bachelors’ Degree + 3-4 years working in a technical environment as it relates to IT issues
- Associates Degree +5- 6 years
- High School Diploma + 12 Years IT Experience
- Technical background and strong IT skills/knowledge in networking, exchange, or desktop support
- Strong understanding of ITIL concepts
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets, and desktop applications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong logic and analytical skills
- Strong customer service skills and experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize, and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Basic knowledge of BMC Remedy, System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) or other IT Service Management System
- Hold an ITIL and/or technical certification
This position is a 24/7 day per week position. It requires a person to work on a shift: Sunday-Thursday 1:45pm-9:45pm
SkyePoint Decisions is a leading Cybersecurity Architecture and Engineering, Critical Infrastructure and Operations, and Applications Development and Maintenance IT service provider headquartered in Dulles, Virginia with operations across the U.S. We provide innovative enterprise-wide solutions as well as targeted services addressing the complex challenges faced by our federal government clients. Our focus is on enabling our clients to most efficiently and effectively deliver their mission – anytime, anywhere, securely. We combine technical expertise, mission awareness, and an empowered workforce to produce meaningful results.
SkyePoint Decisions is an established ISO 9001:2015 and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certified small business and appraised at CMMI Level 3 (with SAM) for Services. We possess a common vision of excellence and foster a collaborative team culture built upon individual performance and accountability. We invest in our people and systems to create value for our clients. It is the SkyePoint Way. We are grateful for the opportunity to work with exceptional people and give back to the communities we serve.
SkyePoint Decisions is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
COVID-19 Statement: SkyePoint Decisions, Inc. is committed to the health and well-being of all employees, especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. In accordance with President Biden’s Executive Order 14042 (Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors) issued on September 9, 2021, SkyePoint Decisions, Inc. is now subject to mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirements for all employees. All positions will require proof of vaccination or an approved accommodation as required by law within 30 days of employment start.
To be considered for U.S.-based positions, , where permitted by applicable law (including any applicable reasonable accommodation, medical or religious exemption), candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by start date.
EEO and Affirmative Action Policy: SkyePoint Decisions, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is the policy of SkyePoint Decisions to provide equal employment opportunity in accordance with all applicable Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action laws, directives and regulations to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected status under Federal, State or Local laws.
Pay Transparency Policy: In accordance with Presidential Executive Order 13665, SkyePoint Decisions, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Authorization to Share Resume and Personal Information: By expressing your interest and submitting your resume for this position, you authorize SkyePoint Decisions, Inc. to share your resume, as well as personal information included on the resume, with its subsidiaries, affiliates and teaming partners for the purpose of considering you for this position and other available positions requiring comparable skills, education and experience. Should Skyepoint Decisions, Inc. or its affiliates and teaming partners wish to initiate pre-employment discussions, you will be asked to complete an employment application and related employment documents.