At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
As a valued colleague on our team, you will support the team in managing trade activity and collateral, to ensure trade data integrity and completeness, in order to minimize risk.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Operations – Collateral Management – Associate role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Facilitate the front to back operations process of trade lifecycle for debt issuance and investments. This includes key activities such as confirmations, settlements, maintenance, and reporting.
- Manage collateral positions including settlement and reporting
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience with back-office functions including confirmation and settlement of transactions
- Thorough knowledge and experience with Cash Management and Collateral Management
- Demonstrated experience with Financial Analysis and management reporting using Excel or other technology tools
- Prefer some experience using Bloomberg, bank portals and other trading systems
- Experience communicating with customers and collaborating with different business units
- Adept at managing project plans to ensure successful project completion
- The group of skills related to Risk Assessment and Management including evaluating and designing controls, conducting impact assessments, identifying control gaps, remediating risk, etc.
- Skilled in the graphical representation of information in the form of a charts, diagrams, pictures, and dashboards with programs and tools such as Excel, Tableau, or Power BI
- Skilled in presenting information and/or ideas to an audience in a way that is engaging and easy to understand
- Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts and answer critical questions
- The group of skills related to Influencing including negotiating, persuading others, facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict
- The group of skills related to Relationship Management including managing and engaging stakeholders, customers, and vendors, building relationship networks, contracting, etc.
- The group of skills related to Operational Excellence including improving and overseeing operations
- Experience evaluating businesses, projects, budgets, and other financial entities or instruments to determine viability, stability, and performance
- Skilled in Tableau
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Products
- Skilled in Wallstreet Suite (WSS) or other Treasury Management systems
- Experience using Swift
In response to COVID-19, Fannie Mae has adapted ourworkplace and hiring processesto better safeguard our employees, candidates, and new hires.We understand that this is an unprecedented situation and Fannie Mae is committed to creating protocols for these processes that are agile and conform with federal, state, and local health administration guidance. While the company’s operating status for on-site work is currently voluntary, the majority of Fannie Mae’s workforce is remote until further notice. We continue to conduct all interviews and onboarding virtually. In addition, all employees who wish to come on site must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and enter their vaccination information into a confidential HR system before arriving at the facility, unless they have an approved accommodation.Click hereto go directly to information about accommodations.
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.