State Street is a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors around the world.
o Corporate Action and Income Middle Office Role Job Description
Purpose of Role:
The Asset Services (Corporate Actions and Income) Oversight Team provides support to both the Client Relationship Managers and Investment Operations Teams in terms of tracking and, where possible, resolving Client queries. The role will interact with the Client and internal SSC parties in identifying an issue as well as managing that a suitable resolution is found and communicated to the Client. The role is supporting Multiple Client Relationship and Operational Teams in multiple locations. The role will need to initiate and maintain sound working relationships not only with processing teams within IMS but also with Heads of other SSC areas as well as providing oversight and control of offshore team who are responsible for ensuring that the database within Enterprise systems is maintained accurately and within required timeframes to allow the business to use the systems effectively. Additionally to provide a communication layer between offshore team and clients
Key Responsibilities & Experience Range
o Act as the Escalation point at which relevant client (all IMS APAC or EMEA or US)queries are tracked, with proactive management to ensure timely response and resolution.
o Review KPI and MI on a monthly basis with the view of improving and enhancing current processes and/or introducing new procedures where applicable and suggest changes and get it approved.
o Ensure the Asset Servicing (Corporate Actions and Income) Oversight function follows prescribed governance and compliance practices and any deviation is escalated immediately.
o Act as single point of contact for Income/ CA related escalation and required replies provided to client with a sense of urgency.
o Act within the SSC risk culture and escalate accordingly all potential incidents that could lead to financial loss and/or reputational damage to SSC Ensure that all Incident/Error reports submitted by Business Control Team are completed in an accurate and timely manner and all ATPR’s are adhered to.
o Work along with the Manager to on ensuring a Risk compliant environment is maintained. Should act as an SME in clarifying queries from JV processing team and or client. Ensure all Corporate Actions Oversight procedures are reviewed and maintained on at least an annual basis Review the Corporate Actions and Income Processing SLA with the JV on at least an annual basis.
o Ensure all documentation relating to Corporate Actions Oversight (procedures, checklists, SLA) adheres to SSC corporate standards and are reviewed periodically and signed off.
o Conduct (at least) monthly meetings with offshore JV teams and keep an agenda, minutes and action log maintained and are uploaded to the appropriate SharePoint/Collaborate sites. Ensure monthly KPI figures are agreed and discussed on a monthly basis with the offshore teams Perform work independently within scope of established guidelines and according to specific procedures.
o Assist in the transitions process of new clients/accounts Ensure timely and accurately to Client’s issues and inquiries via Email and IMT/IQM Proactively manage offshore query resolutions within IMT/IQM environment to ensure responses are sent in an accurate and timely manner to clients. Participate and contribute to Client meetings and ensure attendance where necessary in Client Service organized Client meetings Provide guidance, support, act as resource and assist team members from multiple operational areas for both onshore and offshore locations Participate and/or manage Projects assigned by the Head of Dept, potentially with colleagues and clients in multiple locations Complete system testing for Change Control enhancements where appropriate Complete any ad-hoc tasks as identified by the line manager Provide Subject Matter expertise for complex system architecture queries/changes relating to Corporate Actions functions. Ensure significant matters are escalated to senior management, relevant functional heads and to legal entity boards as appropriate.
o Take charge of the team in Managers absence and ensure all Administrative activities are taken care of.
Finance, business, technology qualifications and/or equivalent or relevant industry experience
• Previous Level of Experience:
• Extensive asset services or asset management experience, including investment operations.
• Broad and in-depth understanding of the asset management industry, gained through working in a variety of asset management disciplines.
• Working knowledge of Corporate action and income process and different market practices
• Broad and in-depth understanding of standards, methodologies, processes, systems and technology necessary to support investment management operations.
• Experience of writing and reviewing business specifications, projects and data mapping.
• RKS, OSA, MYSS, GIMS, IMT, ESP, EDW knowledge beneficial
• Skills – interpersonal, numerical, problem-solving, analytical, etc
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to analyses on the spot.
• Good team working skills similar experience
• Strong writing, communication and presentation skills to audiences of different sizes and levels of seniority.
• Must be self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure.
• Flexibility in working outside of your responsibilities and areas of expertise.
• PC literate – Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills necessary.
• Able to communicate effectively with clients and colleagues at all levels
• Flexible working hours will be required.