State Farm helps customers protect the things that matter most to them.
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
LOCATION: Within the state of Texas. Selected candidates will be required to reside within location for which they are selected. This is not negotiable.
In-office/Proximity Home and Commercial Claims Services
Duties and Responsibilities:
Jobcode: 4887 Grade: 9
- Responsible for first-line supervision of assigned Claim Specialists, including hiring, training, coaching, development, performance management, and salary administration
- Provides direction and serves as a resource for knowledge of policies, procedures, laws, statutes, and insurance regulations when determining coverage and property damage
- Responsible for the review and control of the assigned unit’s claim activities including investigations, analyses, evaluations, claim payments, and adjustment expense payments
- Recognizes events that affect customer service and provides timely communications to team members and peers
- Responsible for compliance with company procedures, applicable federal/state laws, and legal requirements
- Fulfills state licensing and continuing education requirements, as applicable
- Position may require travel via driving motor vehicles
- Must maintain a valid license to lawfully operate vehicles as directed/requested by State Farm
- Completes job duties as a telecommuter
- May work extended hours and weekends
- May work outside domicile location for extended periods
- Requires lifting, carrying, unfolding, and climbing a ladder for inspections on both residential and commercial structures
- May work in adverse weather conditions and challenging physical environments
- Must meet applicable licensing requirements
- Position may require inspecting Property claims, which could include obtaining the measurements of the roof and living areas, the inspection of attics, basements, crawl spaces and other claim locations as applicable and requires walking, climbing, bending, reaching, stooping, crawling and lifting objects
- Hours of Operation: Monday – Saturday, 7 am – 7 pm local time, with the expectation that business need could dictate the need for additional or different hours of coverage.
The positions are for the in-office/proximity team manager role. These positions are in-office claim team manager positions with the potential to be called upon to oversee the handling of proximity work for claims. Relocation may be available for these positions.
This position requires the following:
- Must be willing to work flexible work shifts as business need dictates
- May work irregular hours, including weekends and holidays, based on workload and job requirement
- Position may require walking, climbing, bending, reaching, kneeling, squatting, stooping, crawling and/or lifting objects
- May require frequent lifting, carrying, unfolding and climbing a ladder and utilizing appropriate equipment in accordance with safety guidelines to traverse roofs at various heights for inspection of both residential and commercial structures to gather information needed during the adjustment of a claim
May be required to complete Rope and Harness Safety Training (RAST)
Claims experience; Role/Segment experience; Job performance; Geographic location; Jurisdictional knowledge is preferred.
Work hours may vary from week to week and could include weekends and holidays and travel may be required
LICENSING/BACKGROUND: Continued employment is contingent upon meeting the requirements necessary to obtain appropriate state(s) mandated licenses. This includes successfully completing all applicable licensing exam(s), background checks and MVR’s required of various state(s). Failure to do so may result in termination.
Preferred experience includes:
- Leadership experience
- Prior claims experience
- Geographic location
- Jurisdictional knowledge
Proximity Team Managers in a Fire proximity role may work hours that can include weekends, holidays and extended hours.