Mattel creates innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain, and develop children through play.
CREATIVITY IS OUR SUPERPOWER. It’s our heritage and it’s also our future. Because we don’t just make toys. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. Mattel is at its best when every member of our team feels respected, included, and heard—when everyone can show up as themselves and do their best work every day. We value and share an infinite range of ideas and voices that evolve and broaden our perspectives with a reach that extends into all our brands, partners, and suppliers.
Will provide a safe and secure workplace for all people on property while protecting Mattel’s assets/interests.
What Your Impact Will Be:
- Enforce Mattel Global Security Department Best Practices and adhere to US Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (CTPAT) program recommendations
- Respond to all emergencies and take appropriate action
- Protect the Distribution Center from theft, vandalism, fire and/or unauthorized access
- Perform administrative data entry duties for inbound and outbound tractor trailers or vehicles
- Screen people entering/exiting through the employee entrance/exit areas to ensure authorized entry
- Patrols the interior and exterior of all buildings checking for unauthorized activity and to ensure no unauthorized person(s) are inside of buildings.
- When applicable, ensures buildings are locked when unoccupied.
- Report security/safety incidents to Shift Supervisors or the Site Supervisor to ensure proper documentation and follow-up
- Responds to all fire alarms and investigates the cause of alarms, taking any emergency action if necessary (in accordance with training received)
- Drive a Mattel fleet vehicle or golf cart throughout the Mattel distribution center and satellite warehouse location (where applicable) to deter any type of activity that would negatively impact the business
- Provide a high level of customer service to all Mattel people, vendors or visitors on property
- Additional responsibilities may be requested based on business needs at your location
What We’re Looking For:
- One or more years of Security, Asset Protection, Loss Prevention, Law enforcement or military background preferred.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED); one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CPR certification desired
- Texas Department of Safety Security Officer, Level II license required.
- Texas Issued Driver’s license required.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business policies, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Retaining and implementing knowledge of all applicable Standard Operating Procedures, demonstrating responsible and dependable behavior, and is open to change and adapts to new information or unexpected obstacles.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals including detailed incident reports writing.
- Display exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, clients, customers and the general public.
- Solid basic math skills.
- Intermediate to advanced computer, tablet and smart phone knowledge – (Microsoft suite, internet, mobile applications and email)
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to rotate shifts based on business need. Must be able to work weekends and overtime as required.
- Outdoor post assignments may require an individual to withstand extreme heat, humidity, cold, and/or severe weather (e.g. snow, sleet, rain, hail, wind).
- Ability to use post security equipment (handheld and walk-thru metal detectors, hand held radios, access control systems, CCTV)
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Attend and participates in all mandatory training to meet requirements, maintain job-competence, and develop professionally
What It’s Like to Work Here:
We are a purpose driven company aiming to empower the next generation to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential. We live up to our purpose employing the following behaviors:
- We collaborate: Being a part of Mattel means being part of one team with shared values and common goals. Every person counts and working closely together always brings better results. Partnership is our process and our collective capabilities is our superpower.
- We innovate: At Mattel we always aim to find new and better ways to create innovative products and experiences. No matter where you work in the organization, you can always make a difference and have real impact. We welcome new ideas and value new initiatives that challenge conventional thinking.
- We execute: We are a performance driven company. We strive for excellence and are focused on pursuing best in class outcomes. We believe in accountability and ownership and know that our people are at their best when they are empowered to create and deliver results.
Who We Are:
Mattel is a leading global toy company and owner of one of the strongest catalogs of children’s and family entertainment franchises in the world. We create innovative products and experiences that inspire, entertain and develop children through play. We engage consumers through our portfolio of iconic brands, including Barbie, Hot Wheels, Fisher-Price, American Girl, Thomas & Friends, UNO and MEGA, as well as other popular intellectual properties that we own or license in partnership with global entertainment companies. Our offerings include film and television content, gaming, music and live events. We operate in 35 locations and our products are available in more than 150 countries in collaboration with the world’s leading retail and ecommerce companies. Since its founding in 1945, Mattel is proud to be a trusted partner in empowering children to explore the wonder of childhood and reach their full potential.
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer where we want you to bring your authentic self to work every day. We welcome all job seekers including minorities, females, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and those of all sexual orientations and gender identities.