State Street is a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors around the world.
Who we are looking for
This role is part of Corporate Compliance and supports the Compliance Oversight Program for Outsourcing and Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) and reporting to the Outsourcing Compliance Manager, Vice President. This position is well suited for an inquisitive individual with experience in business process analysis, interpretation of global outsourcing regulations and who has a strong interest in joining a top tier financial services firm and building their compliance knowledge.
The role will be reporting to Outsourcing Compliance Manager.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Outsourcing and TPRM Compliance Officer, you will
- Support the administration and execution of the Compliance Oversight Program for Outsourcing risk, meeting key deliverables. This includes updating the project plans, tracking deliverables and preparing global reporting to senior management.
- Monitor and analyze new and modified global regulatory changes
- Perform risk assessments and analyze business processes to identify potential control gaps or weaknesses.
- Develop working relationships with other members of Compliance and Compliance leadership team and work collaboratively with business unit managers.
- Participate in ad-hoc compliance projects.
- Escalate unusual or potentially suspicious issues that are identified during the course of discharging compliance responsibilities
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong communications and organization skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player, proactive, adaptable and self-motivated
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining attention to detail
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 4+ years of work experience related to financial services compliance, employment law, and/or bank regulations
- Demonstrated ability to assess internal control design and operating effectiveness
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
What we offer
Wide range of benefits, including:
- Prescription Drug
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Employee-Paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Employee-Paid Long-Term Disability
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance & Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Benefits
- BeWell Programme
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Salary Savings Program (SSP)
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.