State Street is a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors around the world.
Who we are looking for
With immediate effect we are looking for Balance Sheet & Net Interest Income (NII) Consolidation, Officer to join State Street Bank & Trust in Charlotte, NC or in Boston, MA. The successful candidate will be responsible for analyzing, communicating and reporting on the balance sheet, NII and net interest margin (NIM), including playing an important role in the quarter-end earnings prep process.
Why this role is important to us
Asset Liability Management (ALM), a division of Global Treasury, is responsible for managing the corporate balance sheet, net interest income (NII) forecast and interest rate risk positioning. The team focuses on optimizing the risk/reward relationship by recommending strategies for sustaining and growing NII while being mindful of regulatory constraints. ALM routinely collaborates with other areas across Global Treasury, Finance, Risk and business units to operate within the risk appetite outlined by the Board of Directors. Members of the Balance Sheet and NII Consolidation team work closely with key business partners to drive the company’s balance sheet strategy..
What you will be responsible for
As Balance Sheet & NII Consolidation Officer you will
- Producing monthly reporting and analysis for the month-end close process, which includes highlighting key storylines for business partners across ALM, Treasury and Finance
- Identifying and communicating key risks and opportunities to the NII and balance sheet forecast
- Supporting quarter-end earnings preparation process
- Preparing routine presentation materials to support committee reporting
- Providing analytical support to drive key balance sheet initiatives
- Responds in a timely and accurate manner to ad-hoc requests
- Works closely with other team members across ALM, Treasury, and Finance to ensure timely, accurate reporting for committee presentations
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Proven ability to solve problems and improve existing processes
- Ability to grasp new concepts in fast-paced environment
- Successful collaboration across teams and works well independently
- Detail orientation
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Economics, Finance or quantitative discipline
- 3+ years’ experience in financial services, Treasury experience preferred
- Strong quantitative aptitude
What we offer
Wide range of benefits, including:
- Prescription Drug
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Employee-Paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Employee-Paid Long-Term Disability
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance & Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Benefits
- BeWell Programme
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Salary Savings Program (SSP)
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.